More threads by SSMMatt

SSMMatt

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using BrightLocal for reporting. It asks for Location Details and I add the 'Google Maps URL (best for service-area businesses)' and it shows a totally different address than was used to build previous citations and to verify the account. Is this the actual hidden address that Google sees?

So as far as BrightLocal is concerned, they see that we have no citations at all based on the fact the address doesn't match up.

Are we needing to change the address on the back end of Google Biz? I know we'll have to reverify and not looking forward to the process.

Any insights?

Thanks,
Matt

Solution
Thanks @ElizabethRule for the tag! Happy to help :)

@mpenchuk Good question, this sounds like it shouldn't be the case and there might be a bug or an error we can help resolve. The best thing to do is to raise a ticket with our amazing support team so they can look into your account and help you out from there. You can get in touch by using the '? Support' widget on the bottom right of your screen when you're in BrightLocal.

Thank you!
I am not sure how, but you can probably change the settings in Bright Local to add the correct address. I doubt BL has access to see what the address of a SAB listing is - so they seem to have picked the wrong address. You should be able to fix that and rerun the report.

this article might help: https://help.brightlocal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034040973-How-do-I-edit-a-Location-

I advise NOT to change your address in GBP for sure, that won't solve the issue in BL.

@Jenny_BrightLocal may be able to help point you in the right direction if the article i sent doesn't help :)

Thanks @ElizabethRule for the tag! Happy to help :)

@mpenchuk Good question, this sounds like it shouldn't be the case and there might be a bug or an error we can help resolve. The best thing to do is to raise a ticket with our amazing support team so they can look into your account and help you out from there. You can get in touch by using the '? Support' widget on the bottom right of your screen when you're in BrightLocal.

Thank you!

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom