More threads by ridethetailwind

Reaction score
My client has an old GBP with a UPS Store Address. His profile has been stagnant for years, but now has a ton of changes as we work to optimize. He is an IT services provider and works either from home or at his clients' sites.

Regarding his address, should he:
  1. Transition to SAB, keep the same address listed but make it private?
  2. Transition to SAB, change his address to his home address and make it private?
  3. Are there other options I'm not thinking of? I pitched him on finding some office space so he could still have a physical address, but he isn't interested.
I don't want to do anything that would trigger a suspension. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Update - My client clicked to hide his address. AFTER he had saved that change, he got an error message saying he could not use his chosen primary category unless he had a public physical address. Would it be too much to ask of Google to get a warning on this before he hits save?

None of the primary categories he can use as a SAB make any sense for his business. The closest one was "Consultant" which has zero meaning.

So now we have to either go back to the old UPS store address, which will put him at risk for suspension, or he has to show his home address publicly on Google, which he doesn't want to do.

Any ideas on how to best handle this?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom