More threads by yigitc

yigitc

Reaction score
He found out to manipulate the Google autocomplete. He created his website this year and his website has very low da an pa. He has been a lawyer for a year.

For example if you write Adana boşanma avukatı (means Adana divorce lawyer in Turkish) and google autocompletes his name below.

He also did it for every key words. Adana boşanma avukatı (Adana divorce lawyer), Adana ceza avukatı (Adana criminal lawyer) and Adana icra avukatı( Adana car accident lawyer) . Google autocompletes his name below. All of these words are very important and business worthy. How did he do this?

I reported him several times but Google did not do anything. What can I do? This is the biggest spam I have ever seen, he could destroy online business for lawyers in Adana with this spam. I think he uses bots and searches for exact keywords.

Here are the screenshots of 3 keywords he did it you can check with yourself.

Autocomplete is based on frequency of certain search queries plus what Google determines to be the best answer for the query.

It is not usually based on anything your competitor is doing, i.e., it's not a spam thing.

You can disable this in most browsers if you wish although that won't disable it for other searchers.

Autocomplete is based on frequency of certain search queries plus what Google determines to be the best answer for the query.

It is not usually based on anything your competitor is doing, i.e., it's not a spam thing.

You can disable this in most browsers if you wish although that won't disable it for other searchers.
He is not a well known lawyer. He got 66 fake positive comments on google my business and has been a lawyer for only a year now. So, I dont think anyone would search for him. Auto complete happens for only valuble keywords.

Also, No one would type Adana divorce lawyer XXX YYY on a google search. They just type his name or the keyword for a google search. It is impossible that people search keyword with his name. Odds are one in a million. Besides, I checked on the internet and Auto complete manipulation is a very common thing among lawyers. I found several freelancers who provide this service to lawyers on Fivverr.

Last edited:
Autocomplete is based on what others are typing, or the popularity of the search. I remember years ago that there was an experiment to manipulate the results using a crowdsource to have people type in phrases etc and then that becomes the new normal. This was many years ago, and I don't recall anyone saying that the method still works in 2019 or 2020.

Test this after you clear your cookies and browsing history. This looks like historic search memory from your browser.
I did it. Also I checked on my friends' devices too. Also, I opened a thread on reddit. People around the word check it and they also confirmed that google autocomplete refers his page when you type the keyword.

Autocomplete is based on what others are typing, or the popularity of the search. I remember years ago that there was an experiment to manipulate the results using a crowdsource to have people type in phrases etc and then that becomes the new normal. This was many years ago, and I don't recall anyone saying that the method still works in 2019 or 2020.

I did this a couple of years ago and it works well for niche phrases that are seldom searched.

I set up a little tool that automated the process and altered the auto complete and Searches Related to within a week.

I'll set up the test again and see if it still works

I did this a couple of years ago and it works well for niche phrases that are seldom searched.

I set up a little tool that automated the process and altered the auto complete and Searches Related to within a week.

I'll set up the test again and see if it still works

Just found my old test here - https://www.penrodshero.com/penrod-shero-manipulates-searches-related-to-seo-hero/

It was during that silly SEO Hero competition a couple of years ago.

My aim was to get Penrod in the autocomplete and Searches Related To feature

As you can see from the screenshot - it worked ;-)

This was just me. not getting other people to do any searches.

I wouldn't think it would work for any popular search phrases but does for search phrases rarely used.

Just found my old test here - https://www.penrodshero.com/penrod-shero-manipulates-searches-related-to-seo-hero/

It was during that silly SEO Hero competition a couple of years ago.

My aim was to get Penrod in the autocomplete and Searches Related To feature

As you can see from the screenshot - it worked ;-)

This was just me. not getting other people to do any searches.

I wouldn't think it would work for any popular search phrases but does for search phrases rarely used.
Can you teach me to do it? I will appreciate if you help me.

The keywords low volume but also really valuable.

Last edited:
For the record, I also ran a search for the name and I got the same autocomplete suggestion as you. I searched for "Adana boşanma avukatı" and his name was appended at the end.

Interested to see if the search manipulation still works. It's definitely more gray/blackhat end of things and I'd classify it as a "trick", so we wouldn't implement it on our end, but still, would be interesting to see if it still works.

Haven't checked this week so don't know how long it took, but

search for SEO Hero

scroll down to bottom of page

look in Searches related to seo hero

Let me know what you see.

@yigitc Have you considered showing this to Danny Sullivan on Twitter? He sometimes responds to tweets he's tagged in and forwards issues to other teams. This isn't grey hat, it's 100% spam.

1595863034345.png

Well what do you know!

Received a spam email today from someone offering this as a service :(

"We are 3 uni friends who developed a new approach for search marketing and I wanted to ask if this might be of interest to you?

The basic idea is to add your brand as a new autocomplete suggestion in the search engine"

I didn't have the heart to tell them I tested it out years ago.

Wonder if they got the idea from Local Search Forum?

My wife's sister also doing this manipulation now Lol. She is probably the least known and worst lawyer in Adana but when I write Adana Divorce Lawyer (Adana Boşanma Avukatı) google autocomplete suggests her name.

By the way 5 months ago she started to work with very expensive SEO expert. How can I report these manipulations?

You need to report this business profile for keyword stuffing for your original example. Ues the redressal form. Please provide the name of the other business.

I reported more than hundred times Google does not care about keyword stuffing. I have been doing SEO for my wife for 6 years and I reported many businesses like that and Google did not care.

But they now manipulating Google auto complete suggestion section by sending fake organic hits to specific keywords.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom