More threads by klharris08

klharris08

Solutions
Reaction score
Has anybody seen this "near" feature in 3-packs before?

2020-06-19_16-45-24.png

Hey Kyle,

Can you confirm if you've visited that place you're seeing? This looks similar to the in-between label that Colan wrote about earlier this year which only surfaces if you've visited nearby places.

I'm seeing this for a restaurant I've visited several times. It's kind of funny because that restaurant populates first but then the 2 below it say they're near that one.

1592826318418.png

Also, I'm only able to trigger this on desktop.

I'm seeing them as well. A couple observations. The other businesses that it lists on the 3-pack for me are all businesses that I have physically been to in the past.

1592829470743.png

If you click through to the local finder it changes the wording slightly.

1592829523106.png

The other thing is that I only see these association when I am logged into my Google account that is the one I use for Google Maps. So it is basing the label on places that it thinks I am familiar with, based on visiting them while logged into that account.

Seems like the same thing I wrote about in the LocalU article Joy linked to.

I got this to work last night in the Google Maps mobile app. However, I got something slightly different, I got snippets that made "similar to" judgments about Mexican restaurants near me based on other Mexican restaurants I have visited.

similar.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom