More threads by aputtock

Reaction score
Hey all,

Something our team noticed this morning -

Normally, if we hovered over the Google User icon on the Users dialogue of a GMB listing, we would be provided with a mouseover icon of the email hint - "ap...@gmail.com", for instance.

Today, there is NOTHING.

Anyone else noticed this? We are thinking, as with anything Google, it's either A) a temporary glitch or B) the new way of doing things.

:)

Colan experienced this recently. I'll ask some others to see if they are experiencing this as well.

Gone for me as well. I also did an inspection of the code and there is no trace of it.

I am curious, what are your use cases from this feature? We will bring this information back to Google.

@BenFisher Here's one example... A new client tried to add me to GMB, but when she went to Users, saw no option to add other people. She sent me a screenshot which revealed that she had access via two accounts, but was logged in with one that only gave her Manager access. I told her to hover over the Primary owner name to see what email address it was associated with. She was then able to determine which email account to use to login.

I use the email clue like Rich does. It's very helpful for trying to jog a client's memory as to what the ownership email is when more than management access is needed.

@BenFisher I told her to hover over the Primary owner name to see what email address it was associated with. She was then able to determine which email account to use to login.

Hey Rich, that is the feature that seems broken that Joy, Ben and I are asking Google about. Are you saying that it is currently working for you? ie. you can see the email when you hover hover over the users name in GMB?

This has definitely changed for me. Also, the UI changed slightly in that the "dialog" is now docked against the left-hand edge of the screen, instead of in the middle.

1570639094951.png

Hey Rich, that is the feature that seems broken that Joy, Ben and I are asking Google about. Are you saying that it is currently working for you? ie. you can see the email when you hover hover over the users name in GMB?

No, it is no longer there for me either. I was replying to Ben asking "what are your use cases from this feature?"

Great use case! Google is looking into if this is intended or not. I am compiling the use cases in case we need to argue about why this feature is needed.

The most general use case would be to try and troubleshoot lost access cases. It's intersting because when requesting access to a listing, Google specifically states the listing may be in an account that the user has access to (but has basically forgotten the creds to).

However, now if there are multiple uses as Managers, let's say, and ownership needs to shift, they will have less of a chance of being able to divine who has Ownership of the account.

As noted above, I consider this a significant loss despite how seemingly small it is. I hope it is restored.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom