More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
Hey guys, I would like to ask some questions on this please.

While uploading a video to GMB, I saw a prompt suggesting to 'create post', should I copy the contents of my main services page or the contents of one of my blogs and paste it int there? This will be like 400 words or so.

Hmnn, that would mean having to pay my content writer to write 2 articles. Is it just one post that needs to be there or is there any advantage to posting multiple articles per month like blogging on your website?

Hi @mikepcservice, I do a lot of Google Posting for my clients. A majority of the posts that I posts are for blogs on their site. Whenever our content writers post a blog, they notify me and create a post for it. I take the picture that they used, write up a little intro to the blog, and link the "Learn More" button back to the live blog. This works really well.

Thanks for sharing Jeffrey. This tells me that one needs to do on-going SEO for GMB too, is this right please?

Also, I am having problems geo-tagging the images, is this important or can I ignore it?

I do recommend ongoing local seo and seo management. Local SEO would encompass managing citations on the top 15-20 business directories (Google Maps, Bing Maps, Apple Map, Yelp, YP, MapQuest, etc). And SEO would encompass website management and optimization (Title Tags, Meta Description Schema, Content, H1 H2 tags, etc).

Geo-tagging images definitely won't hurt but I don't find it necessary.

Also for Google Posts I highly recommend looking through this article How to Create a Google My Business Post That Will Win You More Customers - BrightLocal

Great thx. Will look into the article and report back.

I must say I am not understanding exactly what "managing" Citations mean. I had always thought you list your business profiles on there once in the best way with nothing to do anytime afterwards?

Hi @mikepcservice, I do a lot of Google Posting for my clients. A majority of the posts that I posts are for blogs on their site. Whenever our content writers post a blog, they notify me and create a post for it. I take the picture that they used, write up a little intro to the blog, and link the "Learn More" button back to the live blog. This works really well.
Id like to know if you use UTM codes when posting the blogs as a post and is your client running amp? I'm just starting with a client on amp, they have tons of locally related content they should be sharing via GMB but i'm trying to think big picture to include amp urls, or just track via utm codes. any feedback is helpful, thank you!

This may have been the case way back when but it is not the case anymore. What I mean by "managing" citations is, keeping them up to date and making sure your business information is 100% correct.
With sites offering a "Suggest an edit" button, anyone can suggest wrong information and it might go through. If it does go through, this inaccurate information could easily snowball because another directory might see it and decide to update your citation on their site as well.
The best thing to do is claim your listing on the top business directories and niche directories sites and keep your profiles up to date with fresh information and photos.

I use a service called Yext which does a lot of this stuff automatically.

Hey Jeffrey, I had tried Text a few years ago, they are not bad but always trying to get you to sign up for their SEO services.

I looked all over the net for the past couple of days for answers to these questions but no luck, can you or anyone else help with this please?

For Service providers who don't have a physical location, who do only onsite work, is there any need to do any of the "maps" optimization like google maps, bing maps e.t.c?

Also, I had looked at an instructional video on Local SEO where the guy stated "embedding google maps into each page or blog", is that helpful please?

A 400 word article probably won't fit in a GMB post which has a limit of 1500 characters. When we publish a blog post, we put the title and excerpt into a Google Post and add a "Learn More" button people can tap to read the rest of the article on the blog.

Hi, @mikepcservice, embedding google maps into location pages and/or the homepage or footer are great SEO practices.

I am less experienced in service area businesses (no address), but I can tell you that citation optimization is still very important, especially on the top sites like google, bing, apple, yp, and yelp. For services area business, I would recommend focusing a lot on posting photos to your profiles and participating in community events. If you can get some big-name businesses to post something about you on their site and have it link people back to your site that would be awesome. This would build the authority of your domain.

For any community events that your company will be participating in, go ahead and make a Google Posts about it also!

What are SABs?

@ Jeffrey
When you embed, you mean copy the embed code and paste it anywhere into the page or blog post on the backend?

By embed, I mean adding the embed code, found by clicking "Share" on a gmb listing and copying the code under "Embed a map", to the backend of your page.

Thanks. I am not sure if I am allowed to post links here but this is the tutorial I was looking at:

if it is not allowed please remove with my apologies?

At the 15.45 mark the guy is mentioning far as I can tell, you embed on every page and post, if this is accurate any penalty risks from google by doing this please?

If you added the embed code into the footer then essentially it will show on every page. I highly recommend adding the embed code to location pages or direction page. Adding the map to every single page could hurt because it probably won't be relevant to every single post or page.

Good point!

Ok next please, at the 25:00 minute mark he explains about buying PBN links, do you guys do this or recommend this? I am concerned about the "safety" issue since he mentions "cloak hosting"?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom