More threads by Ryan Steinolfson

Reaction score
I'm verifying whether changing the primary category from "Personal Injury Attorney " to "Family Law Attorney" could potentially lead to an account suspension. Is there a chance or a possibility that updating the primary category could initiate a re-verification process for the Google Business Profile or even result in the profile being removed?

Hi Ryan,

It wouldn't trigger a reverification. There's always the possibility that editing a listing could lead to a suspension but I would say the chances are very low.

What will happen though is you will drop in rankings for personal injury related keywords. I'm sure that goes without saying though.

Hi Ryan,

It wouldn't trigger a reverification. There's always the possibility that editing a listing could lead to a suspension but I would say the chances are very low.

What will happen though is you will drop in rankings for personal injury related keywords. I'm sure that goes without saying though.

I'm assuming @Ryan Steinolfson would drop "Personal Injury Attorney" into the additional categories . . . are there any priorities assigned to the secondary categories based on the order (position #2 vs. position #10)?

I'm assuming @Ryan Steinolfson would drop "Personal Injury Attorney" into the additional categories . . . are there any priorities assigned to the secondary categories based on the order (position #2 vs. position #10)?

I don't think so but it's a hard one to test because controlling the ordering of the categories after the primary is something I haven't been able to do. And I've tried many things, many times.

If you figure out a way to control the ordering let me know!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom