More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
Guys, I am trying to list on Mapquest but when I go there I am not seeing the "Claim your business link", any ideas please?

It's been a while since I did anything with Mapquest but I'm pretty sure you have to go through Yext.

For a service provider who works onsite and does not have a physical store, would Mapquest be of any use for him?

MapQuest isn't ideal for service area businesses because as far as I know you're required to input an address and have it visible.

Check out this resource from Whitespark for reference https://whitespark.ca/hidden-address-sites/

I am not seeing that option?

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 12.17.23 PM.png

It does not scroll on my end.

Also, Yahoo seems to only offer paid listings now from what I am seeing, is this correct please?

There used to be a way to get a free listing on Yahoo, even after it was split off into Arbaco (or some such silly name, don't remember exactly) and Yext was managing it. Don't know if it still works but I'm sure Google will help you find info on it.

On the other hand, I stopped worrying about Yahoo years ago. It takes way more time than it's worth IMO.

Last edited:
Does anyone actually use MapQuest any more?

I have no idea but was thinking the exact same thing but I am just trying to do everything you recommend so I am going through the list of all local citations

@mikepcservice, I was under the impression you wanted to claim a listing, rather than create a new MQ listing. If the latter is your goal, usually all you need is a Yelp page. MQ pulls in business info from Yelp, including the reviews.

My apologies, yes I am going through all of suggested options I am seeing on Yext creating new listings.

I was surprised Mapquest still shows up in search results but apparently, yes they do. I almost always go to suggest a change; you can get everything but the business hours. My clients do not have the budget to claim via Yext. I've been able to claim the listing a handful of times only, they make it difficult.

Same here, it's a budget issue so only reason why I am doing this myself. Not sure I understand the difference between creating a new listing and claiming a listing, anyone please?

Same here, it's a budget issue so only reason why I am doing this myself. Not sure I understand the difference between creating a new listing and claiming a listing, anyone please?

Claiming a listing means you claim an "existing" listing/citation in the platform. It may have been created and was copied from other citation sites like GMB or Yelp. Creating a new listing means creating a listing for your business as it does not exist in that platform.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom