Problems listing with some Citations

mikepcservice

Guys, I am trying to list on Mapquest but when I go there I am not seeing the "Claim your business link", any ideas please?

mikepcservice

For a service provider who works onsite and does not have a physical store, would Mapquest be of any use for him?

mikepcservice

It does not scroll on my end.

Also, Yahoo seems to only offer paid listings now from what I am seeing, is this correct please?

Tony Wang

There used to be a way to get a free listing on Yahoo, even after it was split off into Arbaco (or some such silly name, don't remember exactly) and Yext was managing it. Don't know if it still works but I'm sure Google will help you find info on it.

On the other hand, I stopped worrying about Yahoo years ago. It takes way more time than it's worth IMO.

Last edited:

raellovepie

Guys, I am trying to list on Mapquest but when I go there I am not seeing the "Claim your business link", any ideas please?
Hope this helps with Map Quest.

mikepcservice

I have no idea but was thinking the exact same thing but I am just trying to do everything you recommend so I am going through the list of all local citations

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
@mikepcservice, I was under the impression you wanted to claim a listing, rather than create a new MQ listing. If the latter is your goal, usually all you need is a Yelp page. MQ pulls in business info from Yelp, including the reviews.

mikepcservice

My apologies, yes I am going through all of suggested options I am seeing on Yext creating new listings.

iwritewebcopy

I was surprised Mapquest still shows up in search results but apparently, yes they do. I almost always go to suggest a change; you can get everything but the business hours. My clients do not have the budget to claim via Yext. I've been able to claim the listing a handful of times only, they make it difficult.

mikepcservice

Same here, it's a budget issue so only reason why I am doing this myself. Not sure I understand the difference between creating a new listing and claiming a listing, anyone please?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert