More threads by Craig McBreen

Craig McBreen

Reaction score
I'm looking to set up a Practitioner Listing for my personal training business.

Since I'll be training clients at a local gym, I was wondering if I could use the gym's address for the GBP listing?

The gym is small with only 3 other personal trainers, and acupuncture, massage, and Tai Chi services.

If it's possible to list my business as a practitioner using the gym's address and name, I'd like to know how to proceed with Verification, considering I'm not the gym owner. How do I do that?

Appreciate your help!

Unless you are legally registered to work at that gym you cannot use it as your GBP address. By legally registered I mean you need legal documents to prove it like insurance certificate, business registration, state registration etc.

You need to set up your listing at the address your business is legally registered to - and if this is not the place you actually serve clients face to face you will need to hide your address and become a service area business.

Unless you are legally registered to work at that gym you cannot use it as your GBP address. By legally registered I mean you need legal documents to prove it like insurance certificate, business registration, state registration etc.

You need to set up your listing at the address your business is legally registered to - and if this is not the place you actually serve clients face to face you will need to hide your address and become a service area business.

Thanks, @ElizabethRule I didn't realize I had to be legally registered. I'm not an employee of the gym but I am going to be a contractor, running my own business but out of this gym. Does that make a difference? Thanks!

Essentially, you need proof you are legally allowed to conduct business out of that address. As a contractor, what address if your business registered, insured, or license from? That is the address you need to verify the GBP.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom