Removing Facebook company pages - a little help?

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
@Tim Colling, beats me. Perhaps not even Zuck could get a page removed.

I assume you're talking about "unofficial" pages. If so, you'll probably just need just claim and merge them. You still may not get all of them, but you should be able to thin the herd.

Last edited:

Cherie Dickey

Local Search Expert
Yea, claim and merge is the only thing hat's ever worked consistently for me. After claiming (or before if the NAP isn't usable for claiming) you will likely need to change it to match the main page you're merging into. If you can't get an edit to go through on an unclaimed page, the Places Editors groups are a good resource. They are not always able to change things, but normally they try. Here's the link for the group...you will need to join, I think. Places Editors

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
I DO have access to them, because they were created by the client long ago and I now have access to the client's pages.

Facebook just refuses to accept my requests to delete those pages or to merge them into the "main" one.

Facebook is about as easy to deal with as a particularly obstinate donkey sometimes.

:(

Jelena Arnold

Hi all! I'm having similar issues with my team. We manage local listings for multi-location businesses and one of our services is cleaning up unofficial, duplicate FB pages. Our process is to claim the page and provide a business license to prove ownership. Then we either delete or merge based on what is necessary. However, earlier this year our claim requests aren't always being approved by FB even with necessary documentation. Some of our larger clients may have 100s of unofficial pages. We submit claims for each one and many get denied and some get approved. We haven't been able to figure out why some get denied even with correct documentation. The support that FB used to have for Pages got moved to Ads so we have no recourse if we get denied other than to resubmit and hope for a different outcome. Anyone else dealing with this and found a way around it? Thank you!

Jelena Arnold

Thanks for responding and that is what I was afraid of. I've been trying to analyze each submission to see if I can crack the code for what gets approved but it still seems random.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group