Removing Facebook company pages - a little help?

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
Who is good at getting Facebook company pages removed? I have a few that Facebook refuses to delete, for no good reason.

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
@Tim Colling, beats me. Perhaps not even Zuck could get a page removed.

I assume you're talking about "unofficial" pages. If so, you'll probably just need just claim and merge them. You still may not get all of them, but you should be able to thin the herd.

Last edited:

Cherie Dickey

Local Search Expert
Yea, claim and merge is the only thing hat's ever worked consistently for me. After claiming (or before if the NAP isn't usable for claiming) you will likely need to change it to match the main page you're merging into. If you can't get an edit to go through on an unclaimed page, the Places Editors groups are a good resource. They are not always able to change things, but normally they try. Here's the link for the group...you will need to join, I think. Places Editors

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
Thanks, @Phil Rozek and @Cherie Dickey

These are not "unofficial" ones, though. The client created them for their five locations years ago, and now they want to condense them all down into just one. Ugh.

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
I DO have access to them, because they were created by the client long ago and I now have access to the client's pages.

Facebook just refuses to accept my requests to delete those pages or to merge them into the "main" one.

Facebook is about as easy to deal with as a particularly obstinate donkey sometimes.

:(

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
It's been a while but I'll try to find the messages and emails. The last time I attempted to get this resolved was last January. Thanks for your continuing interest and support, @JoshuaMackens. :)