More threads by ChloeButterfill

I like SEOQuake browser extension a lot, though that's more for Organic competitive research. I also use Keywords Everywhere as well. Local Falcon has a free version that's very useful for local search audits, and Moz's Link Explorer allows 10 free searches per month as well - not really suitable for folks like us, but really great for business owners trying to stay on top of their own stuff. Moz also has a page devoted to categories that allows you to locate the correct category for your business, and you can filter those by directory.

LocalFalcon both free and paid was my favorite Local SEO tool of 2018. However, the past few weeks has seen it battling the Big G, meaning the free version is on hold at the moment.

I am also a huge fan of Local U's Google Brand Score (GBS), there's no better way of finding out how your brand (and that of your competitors) appears online than going through the simple scoring system provided by LocalU. Perfect for both large and small businesses alike, your GBS is a great metric to monitor as you work on your company brand. Run the test for both desktop and mobile brand results as there is a difference and it's these little differences that can make sure you keep ahead of your competitors. Checking your GBS score on mobile is particularly important if you receive more mobile traffic than desktop, this is easily checked by looking at your organic GA mobile traffic (Audience - Mobile - Overview).

Brand Score

Checking your brand score also gives you a checklist of things you should be working on, from things like having Q&As on your GMB, to making sure you have review stars appearing in the serps.

If you don't know your Google Brand Score then you don't know how well your brand is appearing to your potential customers! Your GBS should be as important to you as your sites DA!

Last edited:
I know Bright Local already has a tool to check local search results from any location, but I also like to use isearchfrom.com as an alternate.

Additionally, and this may be too obvious, but The Local Search Forum (which we're currently on) is one of the best tools for any local SEO. The level of experience and experts that share their knowledge on here is bar-none. I should also loop in the GMB Help Forum as it's the only place to find all of the GMB Product Experts which in my opinion is one of the best free resource available.

Last edited:
@ChloeButterfill, a few good'uns:

Most-used paid tool? Ahrefs.

As I've written, all third-party tools are a distant second to having a bunch of internal resources you've cultivated over time. At least for me.

Last edited:
For Google Review Links Generating, I like Pleper. Check out other tools on this site as well. I think you'll like them @Phil Rozek

And, the tool I tend to use the most while working on the computer is one that allows me to use my computer as my texting device. You need to be an Android User to use this. It's SUCH a time saver for all kinds of communication.
MightyText

Lastly, I tend to have a lot of tabs and/or windows open when I'm working. This tool helps keep it reasonable.
Tabs Outliner It's a Chrome Extention

Last edited:
SeoMinion, Ahrefs chrome add on, checkmylinks chrome ad on, redirectpath add on, LSIgraph.com, contentking, dareboost, zipsprout, AskaReporter (for local links), deepcrawl. And literally 100 more. :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom