More threads by Shane Barnes

Shane Barnes

Reaction score
Hi, all, my client is reporting that his business isn't ranking first from his storefront (as it has for years). He says he's coming up anywhere from 4th to 9th at various points throughout the day. In his immediate vicinity he's coming up 1st in grid search reports, however, when I drop a pin directly on his location, using the Teleport feature using GMB Everywhere, he only comes up 4th (he used to come up 1st when I did that in the past).

I took a look at his map pin in Google Maps and when I click on it, it creates a duplicate, as opposed to just turning red when active. So there ends up being both the grey inactive pin and the red active pin to the upper left of it. When I right click and measure the distance between the pins it's a little over 9 feet, and when I click on each of the pins, they reveal different coordinates. There's only this one GBP for the business, and I'm not seeing any duplicates, has anyone seen this before, and if so, how can I fix it?

map-pins-bug.jpg

abels-bail-bonds-san-diego-bail-bonds-san-diego-21x21-0mi-2023-12-10.jpg

Hi Shane, which pin is correct? There are typically two pins for an address. One for a business at that address and one for the address itself. Can you try adjusting the pin so that it is where the address pin is?

Hi Shane, which pin is correct? There are typically two pins for an address. One for a business at that address and one for the address itself. Can you try adjusting the pin so that it is where the address pin is?

At this point, I'm not sure which one is correct. I tried adjusting the pin earlier, and now it's showing me the two duplicate pins without me even having to click on one of them. I just enter my client's business name and when I zoom in all the way it shows me two pins for the business, with the business' name beside each of them. It would appear as though one of them was a duplicate of his GBP, but they're both associated with the same GBP.

They appear to be duplicated, but only when I'm logged in to my Google account. When I log out, there's just one pin; however, when I click on any adjacent businesses, it disappears entirely! Have you ever encountered this kind of behavior before? Could it be a bug?

Hi Shane, if you only see while logged in I imagine it is a bug or something specific to your account so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I've managed to sleuth down the GBP and can't reproduce this issue at all. Without more exact details (i.e. a sequence of screenshots and actions), I'm not sure what we can do to even confirm whether this is normal behavior or not.

Hi Shane, if you only see while logged in I imagine it is a bug or something specific to your account so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

That's what I'm inclined to believe as well. I was able to duplicate the issue with one of my other clients GBPs while logged in, but not when logged out, so it must be account related.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom