More threads by b0rahae

b0rahae

Solutions
Reaction score
I have some customers who were waiting for a postcard and it came on Friday/Saturday, but when I click on "Enter Code", nothing happens. Google asks for an address and then leads me to video/email/phone. WHat is going on? I have many customers where the postcards are sent and we are waiting for a code. It turns out there is nowhere to add the code. I reported to Google, but I am on hold since Friday.

Solution
Google has recently switched from the postcard verification to phone / video verification being the main verification method. Please try verifying these profiles again using the methods that are currently available - you must have been unlucky and when the postcards were on their way, Google changed the verification method. It might be so that Google Support fixes it for you, but I'd rather just verify them using a phone call - it'll be quicker :)
Google has recently switched from the postcard verification to phone / video verification being the main verification method. Please try verifying these profiles again using the methods that are currently available - you must have been unlucky and when the postcards were on their way, Google changed the verification method. It might be so that Google Support fixes it for you, but I'd rather just verify them using a phone call - it'll be quicker :)

Solution

Thanks for answering, but now I have another issue - I verify through phone and on the next day, they are unverified. Do you have that issue on your end?

Oh, that is very unfortunate! Did you make any updates on the "core" information displayed on the profile, such as phone number or website or address? When you do this, Google might ask you to re-verify your profile.

No changes were made. The listings are processing for some hours and then unverified. This happens with the email verifications too. Why is it so hard to verify a legit business in Google... The small business owners are not tech savvy and this is very frustrating for them

This must be very frustrating, but the only solution I see here is to contact Google Support and let them know about this situation. They might be able to verify the profiles again based on a few storefront images of the businesses. Best of luck!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom