More threads by saul

saul

Reaction score
Anyone here know how to fix timed out pages found on ahrefs? I've been struggling for a bit on this particular problem and i haven't gotten a chance to get this fixed, Any help is highly appreciated!

Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 4.41.27 PM.jpg

I found this article and looks like it's an issue where the "URLs took too long to respond to Ahref's crawler's request." What does the ‘Timed out’ issue in Site Audit mean? | Help Center - Ahrefs

Could it be a general page speed issue? I ran a quick scan in Google PageSpeed insights and seems there are a few errors that may be interfering with Ahrefs crawlers.

I also checked the homepage with Ahref's SEO Toolbar extension and saw this status error, so I would take a look at your robot.txt files and see if there are any issues preventing the site from being crawled in there.

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 2.52.51 PM.jpg

I got this somewhat fixed, thank you! That gave me some direction as to why it was not showing up certain pages. I do however still have some 403 errors rather than your traditional 404's. Any insight on that would be great

403 errors indicates that the data is off limits to the client for some reason. The client doesn't have access rights to the content behind a 403. I would first figure out why the content is forbidden, maybe a user needs to enter a password to access the page. If that's the case you can just leave them as is. You can get Screaming Frog, Sitebulb or another crawling tool to crawl 403 pages if you configure it to use the password for those pages. This should eliminate 403 errors in your crawls.
If its not a password situation, then you need to figure out the reason for the 403.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom