More threads by l31foster

l31foster

Reaction score
Hello

(Sorry if posted in the wrong category)

My plumbing and heating GBP is top rated in my town with over 200 reviews. My business was showing constantly for all keywords for over 4 years and since the end of march, it only shows in the 3 pack for 2 days week, almost like clockwork. It will appear Friday and disappear Sunday.

Is there a bug with the algorithm?

If I search for plumber Northampton on my desktop I show in 3rd place but on my mobile I check and the business is not even showing.... I've even search the entire list and my GBP is not there.

Business name: THS Plumbing & Heating Northampton

Can anyone help with this??

Cheers

Solution
I checked a few of the terms and I see you as the 4th listing. Is that what you're seeing as well? If so, rotating from 3 to 4 would be completely normal. It means you basically have the same relevance/prominence as the one you keep swapping with so Google isn't quite sure who gets that position.
That's really strange. Do you have screenshots that show when you're there vs when you're not?

Hi @JoyHawkins Thanks for replying - I do have screenshots but only for when it was showing as when not showing, its what you see now.

Hope you can see what I mean

Screenshot_20230715-140117.jpg

Screenshot_20230717-160913.jpg

Screenshot_20230731-201233.jpg

try doing a search from usearchfrom.com throughout the week and see what happens. I've read on this forum that searching the same thing over and over again without clicking on anything might impact the local pack results.

Have you noticed a drop in calls, or drop in interactions with your GBP?

For some reason, my GBP is showing today. Tuesday - UK

This actually happened 2 weeks ago for Tuesday till Wednesday.

Ive seen a drop is calls and interactions by more than half.

Screenshots are: boiler repair northampton

But the problem we have is that its not just boiler repair northampton, its all our keywords.

plumber northampton (shows 2 - 3 days a week)
plumbers northampton (this one shows in desktop but not on mobile)
boiler repair northampton (shows 2 - 3 days a week)
boiler service northampton (shows 2 - 3 days a week)
etc. etc.

Sounds like you could be getting filtered.

Particularly this part of the article:
If you see a pattern like this where your listing is ranking one day and not at all the next, you are very likely getting filtered. What this is showing us is that there is a listing that over time is swapping ranking positions with another listing. In this case, the main GBP and department GBP of the same business are taking turns filtering each other out. We were only able to identify this issue because of how clear of a picture the trend report paints.

If filtering is the case, I'm not sure who is filtering us, we don't have any other GBP's - How do i know who is filtering us?

I'm trying to get a picture of what's there when you disappear. It's Sunday and I still see you ranking.

I'm not sure what is going on, Last week we were ranking all week for all keywords and as of yesterday, We fell off and moved back down.

Is it being filtered by another plumber? - business?

Any ideas what we can do to move back?

@JoyHawkins Cheers for looking in to this

I'm not able to replicate this at all so I'm not much help unfortunately. Next time you don't see yourself, maybe take a screenshot and upload it here?

Both of those show you ranking - I meant ones that show what's there when you're not ranking.

I checked a few of the terms and I see you as the 4th listing. Is that what you're seeing as well? If so, rotating from 3 to 4 would be completely normal. It means you basically have the same relevance/prominence as the one you keep swapping with so Google isn't quite sure who gets that position.

Solution
Okay I didn't replicate that. Can I have the exact location you are searching from?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom