More threads by Brian - TGL

Brian - TGL

Reaction score
I have noticed several times this year that Google prompts me to update my review on places I have already previously reviewed.

The process is very flawed:

Assume I left a 5-star review for a company a year ago and the business owner replied with something like "Thanks for the detailed review!"

If I have a couple of less than stellar experiences with them after that review and Google reminds me to update my review, let's say I drop it to 2-stars.

Google updates that review to be a "New" review with the current date and time the original response still reads "Thanks for the detailed review!" and shows the reply was a year previous to the review.

Just an example of how it looks: 2023-11-22_13-33-20

Any thoughts on this?

I agree. I see it all the time where someone is thanking someone for a 1-star review and it looks pretty funny. I don't think they send an alert out when someone modifies their review which is why it's important for business owners (or marketers) to keep a close eye on them.

I agree. I see it all the time where someone is thanking someone for a 1-star review and it looks pretty funny. I don't think they send an alert out when someone modifies their review which is why it's important for business owners (or marketers) to keep a close eye on them.

There definitely is no alert for that, although I did recently see that Local Viking/Local Brand Manager will SHOW you if there is a deleted review in the review section (I have discovered recently that some of my own Local Guide genuine reviews just get hidden at times) they have no alert available when the deleted reviews number increments (which seems like an easy feature to implement as the data clearly is coming from the API).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom