Verbiage on Unclaimed GMB pages: "Own this business?" (KP) / "Claim this business" (Maps) vs. "Manage this listing"

NiQ

Welcome, @NiQ! Interesting thoughts. I went back and looked at some examples I provided earlier in the thread to check the logic you pointed out.

1. In an instance where "Manage this listing" was available, upon selecting that, it brought me to the screen to complete a verification. If that page already had an owner, would it really ask for that?
2. In another instance where "Manage this listing" was available, I began the process of trying to acquire access by starting at business.google.com, then selecting the existing listing from the dropdown. It then brought me to a screen that I have not seen before:

I did not finish the process by selecting "Manage now" because I don't really want to manage the page :)

Also, when you refer to "Someone has a location," in what situations is that a reference to (ie, where do you see that exact verbiage?)?
Yes, the plot thickens ...
In any case, however - every new user will have to be verified, but the exact nature of the verification process will be different, for different roles and at different stages of completion of a listing's profile.
I don't think there is a simple way to create an exact correspondence between the verbiage and the current status of a listing, other than some very broad points of reference, already accounted for in this thread.
I don't think that even a well-informed Google employee can shed more light on this subject.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group