More threads by GoLocal

GoLocal

Solutions
Reaction score
I'm working on this pest control business directory site that has blog pages for neighborhoods: Regina Pest Control

What is the consensus on that practice please? Thank you. Much gratitude for any shared wisdom.

I'm not seeing any "blog pages". Do you mean these blog posts: Regina Neighborhoods ?

While their presence is not going to have any negative effects, I can't imagine them doing any good the way they're written right now. They look like they were lifted right off a realtor website...

If there were such pages, I would've expected something like neighborhood pages with indication of which pest control businesses operate there (though logically they all cover the whole of Regina 🤔) or are specialized with any issue specific to that neighborhood (say maybe some neighborhood require specifically mosquito control, or are far more frequently subject to wasp problem...).

Adding to what @JS Girard replied. While those blog posts appear to share general info about the cities/neighborhoods, they don't incorporate anything about the core industry. BTW, I didn't look at all of them but enough to see they all follow the same format.

@GoLocal, you have mentioned you are relatively new to SEO and also in your signature that you are here to learn. The content looks like it is 100% AI generated, even if it isn't completely AI written it is not valuable or meaningful in any way to the pest control industry and Google isn't going to rank this, at least for the search phrases associated with pest control services. To be rewarded/earn high ranking pages, you have to put in the time and effort to write better content than the competition and that requires human writers and someone that knows how to properly format that content using Page Titles, Headers, Meta Descriptions and appropriate structure. AI is fine to get some inspiration or to potentially aid in rewriting original content for multiple pages, but you can't rely upon it.

For example, if you want to rank for "bed bug removal" for a certain city, then you need to write a specific bed bug service page and incorporate local information that reinforces that subject material. If writing for "AnyTown", you might mention how many hotels, tourists from other cities/countries, general number of AirBNB/VRBO listings and how that information might influence the spread of bed bugs. Incorporate some information about how bed bugs are spread and what to do if you suspect you have bed bugs. Most bed bug companies have lodging clients that are their bread and butter. You might want to have the page emphasize the treatment methods for lodging clients and being discrete and confidential.

Going further, as JS mentioned, when talking about mosquito treatment you'd mention about the seasons in a particular city and the typical months that mosquitos become a problem and the ideal times/frequency to treat a yard for mosquitos. Give info and tips to prevent mosquitos, like standing water: clean your gutters, turn over empty plant pots, landscaping to divert standing water etc. If a certain city has lots of rain during specific months, mention that too.

Here's some reading material that will go into greater depth:

Thanks Jeff! Deeply appreciate the effort you put into that reply. I'm educated on pillars, clusters, semantics, topical structure and authority. But I don't control clients. Just have to improve what I'm handed, no big budgets on this stuff. Again thank you so much for the wisdom, deeply appreciated as always. ♥

Most bed bug companies have lodging clients that are their bread and butter.

I didn't know that. Amazing insight. Deeply appreciated.

For some reason the bright local videos don't play on any devices or networks here (super fast connection) they just stutter, which is a shame because I would have watched everything on that page. I love that stuff. 😁

Adding to what @JS Girard replied. While those blog posts appear to share general info about the cities/neighborhoods, they don't incorporate anything about the core industry. BTW, I didn't look at all of them but enough to see they all follow the same format.

@GoLocal, you have mentioned you are relatively new to SEO and also in your signature that you are here to learn. The content looks like it is 100% AI generated, even if it isn't completely AI written it is not valuable or meaningful in any way to the pest control industry and Google isn't going to rank this, at least for the search phrases associated with pest control services. To be rewarded/earn high ranking pages, you have to put in the time and effort to write better content than the competition and that requires human writers and someone that knows how to properly format that content using Page Titles, Headers, Meta Descriptions and appropriate structure. AI is fine to get some inspiration or to potentially aid in rewriting original content for multiple pages, but you can't rely upon it.

For example, if you want to rank for "bed bug removal" for a certain city, then you need to write a specific bed bug service page and incorporate local information that reinforces that subject material. If writing for "AnyTown", you might mention how many hotels, tourists from other cities/countries, general number of AirBNB/VRBO listings and how that information might influence the spread of bed bugs. Incorporate some information about how bed bugs are spread and what to do if you suspect you have bed bugs. Most bed bug companies have lodging clients that are their bread and butter. You might want to have the page emphasize the treatment methods for lodging clients and being discrete and confidential.

Going further, as JS mentioned, when talking about mosquito treatment you'd mention about the seasons in a particular city and the typical months that mosquitos become a problem and the ideal times/frequency to treat a yard for mosquitos. Give info and tips to prevent mosquitos, like standing water: clean your gutters, turn over empty plant pots, landscaping to divert standing water etc. If a certain city has lots of rain during specific months, mention that too.

OK I stayed up late and made a bunch of changes. No more neighborhood stuff at all. Created a pest library (needs work but it's there), reduced some other content. And then I created a new template for the backend in PODs, got it all designed and tweaked and tested but never launch new code before sleep grandpa always said. ☺

Just wanted you to know Jeff I take your words to heart, I learn, I act, I improve. Cheers man. It's certainly a much more competitive site after implmenting some of your ideas. ☺

The site finally reached the top 10 today. Super grateful for your guidance! ♥

FireShot Capture 1613 - KeySearch - www.keysearch.co.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom