More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
It's been ages since I've seen a manual penalty for links. How often do you guys see it happen, and what is the threshold? I know of so many businesses that are buying links at scale (mostly PBNs + guest posting) and I was curious to see if you're still seeing penalties given out for it.

Solution
We had a company come to us a few weeks ago that straight up said they had hired a blackhat agency with their marketing team knowing very well what spammy link building was and the risk. Like obvious, laughable spammy link building in the span of weeks across multiple domains. After the initial uptick they tanked update after update. Never got a manual penalty. If that didn't trigger it I don't see what could honestly.
I have wondered about this as well. Haven't heard anyone talking about link penalties much anymore. Makes me wonder if Google just ignores these links that would normally generate a penalty. That way they keep us in the dark not knowing.

I haven’t seen or heard of one in a long time. I feel that Google typically ignores spammy and low quality links. John Mu advises people not to disavow unless they specifically have been buying links or have a penalty.

We had a company come to us a few weeks ago that straight up said they had hired a blackhat agency with their marketing team knowing very well what spammy link building was and the risk. Like obvious, laughable spammy link building in the span of weeks across multiple domains. After the initial uptick they tanked update after update. Never got a manual penalty. If that didn't trigger it I don't see what could honestly.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom