More threads by shelbykoch

shelbykoch

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with GMB images not being approved? On two different accounts every image except the logo is not being approved. They're the correct size and good quality. I tried with stock photos and those aren't being accepted either. Doesn't matter if I do one at a time or 10, they never go through. Anyone know why this is happening?

Solution
No, they are not brand-new listings. Once I upload them, they say pending and then after a minute or two they say not approved. I believe I went ahead and deleted them right after, but do you think if I leave them for a few days, they will be approved?

there is a real possibility. Running them through the Vision AI to see whether they trigger safesearch may also be a good idea (we had anatomical diagrams trigger gore warnings before, for example).
I have not seen this happening on any listings, I asked some colleagues and nothing for them either. Could be an issue with your account, have you tried uploading images to these listings from another G account?

No, they are not brand-new listings. Once I upload them, they say pending and then after a minute or two they say not approved. I believe I went ahead and deleted them right after, but do you think if I leave them for a few days, they will be approved?

there is a real possibility. Running them through the Vision AI to see whether they trigger safesearch may also be a good idea (we had anatomical diagrams trigger gore warnings before, for example).

Solution
The photos are for a painting company and for a marketing agency so they shouldn't be triggering anything. Do you know of a free platform to run the images through?

The photos are for a painting company and for a marketing agency so they shouldn't be triggering anything. Do you know of a free platform to run the images through?

The link I shared lets you test images. You need to scroll down and it shows a "try API" widget. You'd be surprised what may trigger. We once had a photo of a red armchair in a beige hallway rejected repeatedly until we thought of putting it in greyscale...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom