More threads by JRS

JRS

Reaction score
What is the pro tip on wp seo plugins people are using? I've been using Yoast. Its fine. use it to basically do title tags. is there a resource someone could point us to thats like "here's the pro way to go about this...don't use yoast. upgrade to "seo framework" etc etc". Or does it even really matter?

Thanks

My personal recommendation is Rank Math. We moved away from Yoast many years ago and never looked back. The free version handles more than what the paid version of Yoast, but if you decide to go the Pro or Business route for Rank Math you won't be disappointed.

A big reason to go with the paid version is advanced templating in Schema Markup. We'd be lost without it, especially on eCommerce sites.

Now, does it matter at the end of the day? No. Yoast is good for what it does. As long as you have all the features you need. The setup process in both tools is fairly intuitive. I personally like being able to track/optimize for 5 keywords rather than just 1 in Yoast. Link suggestions and keyword tracking is nice but not required.

Rank Math has more features, but it's only worth it if you plan to use all those features. We signed up for the agency version years ago and get to use it on our client sites. They love the analytics integration and keyword tracking - but we don't really use that internally when doing SEO for them (I prefer raw data from Google Analytics and other tools).

Reactions: JRS
My personal recommendation is Rank Math. We moved away from Yoast many years ago and never looked back. The free version handles more than what the paid version of Yoast, but if you decide to go the Pro or Business route for Rank Math you won't be disappointed.

A big reason to go with the paid version is advanced templating in Schema Markup. We'd be lost without it, especially on eCommerce sites.

Now, does it matter at the end of the day? No. Yoast is good for what it does. As long as you have all the features you need. The setup process in both tools is fairly intuitive. I personally like being able to track/optimize for 5 keywords rather than just 1 in Yoast. Link suggestions and keyword tracking is nice but not required.

Rank Math has more features, but it's only worth it if you plan to use all those features. We signed up for the agency version years ago and get to use it on our client sites. They love the analytics integration and keyword tracking - but we don't really use that internally when doing SEO for them (I prefer raw data from Google Analytics and other tools).

Thank you Conor

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom