More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Last year, I shared an example of how we were encouraging clients to list prices on their website and wanted to share another case study.

Our client A1 Garage Door Service in Phoenix, AZ, had a great blog post that outlines the average cost of a new garage door which essentially answered a lot of questions users would consider before purchasing or hiring a company to install a new garage door.

This page was within striking distance of a few featured snippets that we wanted to optimize for when we noticed that many of the results that were winning the featured snippet had cost estimates as well as graphics on the price ranges for the average cost of new garage doors. Throughout this process, one thing became apparent - Google loves numbers.

Based on what we were seeing, back in June 2022, we asked our client to give us real cost estimates based on their own primary data and jobs completed. One month later, not only did we win the featured snippet, but the same page significantly increased in clicks and click-through rate simply due to the face we added these details.

1709396948790.jpg

While we haven’t gone in to re-optimize this page (after all the masses of algorithm updates), the page still continues to rank well in the search results. As we spoke about in our webinar in December on how to get your local SEO ready for 2024, this is why transparency matters in pricing, as it can be extremely helpful in boosting SEO and conversion rates.

Love the idea of using a business's own data to give customer's real world insights into the true cost of their services/products! Provides not only unique data points Google hasn't seen yet but also sets customers up for what to expect when they call or schedule online to book a service. Nice!

Thanks @JoyHawkins
for sharing the great results :)
very cool!!

say, I'm wondering if you know this OT question/answer:
I know google is treating locksmiths and garage door companies, as a special case... these companies require advanced verification.

do you know if a commercial dock door company needs the same verification?
I mean, is a B2B overhead door company considered the same as a "locksmith/home garage door company" ?
thanks!

I think it's dependant on the category you use.

:) doing some work on Sunday :)
thanks...

So my issue is for Google Ads, google flagged it for local services and disapproved the ad, which I'm assuming is an automatic flag? BUT the appeal was denied :(

All the info I see from google is talking about lock smith and garage doors, but my client doesn't do either. Was just wondering if you by chance had the same type of client in the past.

A B2B locksmith or garage door company still needs AV; it is category-dependent.

Thanks, I'm assuming any locksmith or any company that works on doors?

In my head, a commercial overhead door is NOT a garage door, but google doesn't see it that way. Google is keying off of the word: "door".

at least that is my take on the topic.

and from the looks of it, an AV can take weeks or months. :(

Last year, I shared an example of how we were encouraging clients to list prices on their website and wanted to share another case study.

Our client A1 Garage Door Service in Phoenix, AZ, had a great blog post that outlines the average cost of a new garage door which essentially answered a lot of questions users would consider before purchasing or hiring a company to install a new garage door.

This page was within striking distance of a few featured snippets that we wanted to optimize for when we noticed that many of the results that were winning the featured snippet had cost estimates as well as graphics on the price ranges for the average cost of new garage doors. Throughout this process, one thing became apparent - Google loves numbers.

Based on what we were seeing, back in June 2022, we asked our client to give us real cost estimates based on their own primary data and jobs completed. One month later, not only did we win the featured snippet, but the same page significantly increased in clicks and click-through rate simply due to the face we added these details.

1709396948790.jpg

While we haven’t gone in to re-optimize this page (after all the masses of algorithm updates), the page still continues to rank well in the search results. As we spoke about in our webinar in December on how to get your local SEO ready for 2024, this is why transparency matters in pricing, as it can be extremely helpful in boosting SEO and conversion rates.

Good case study. Did more clicks equal more leads & sales?

Reason I ask (bedsides the obvious one) is that we have pricing pages that gets lots of clicks. But as info pages, they don't drive more leads or sales (that we know off). Our commercial sales pages do, without prices.

Definitely more leads. I don't know how many sales as we don't have insight into that.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom