Anyone dealt with a company/service like this yet?

freerunr

Forum Member
One of our clients received an email from [a company]. The pitch is to introduce a "new and exclusive marketing technology" that allows a business to be one of the terms in autocomplete for a certain "keyword" (whatever that term means anymore) in the business' area. The homepage of their site has a demo video with more info.

I'm very curious what this "technology" involves. Oh, and it takes 60-90 days to be "fully operational" on Google. And the results are guaranteed. Seems legit, right? :D

Based on Google's Help file on autocomplete, search predictions come from terms a person is typing, the person's search history, and trends from other people's searches. I'm sure a great PR campaign (or a PR nightmare!) could actually lead to inclusion in autocomplete for certain "keywords" (again, I don't even like that word :) ), but any ideas as to what this "technology" could be besides a bunch of people performing a TON of certain searches to get desired results? I'm asking out of curiosity, not because we're going to recommend they use this service.

Last edited by a moderator:

amerios

Forum Member
Anyone Interacted with them yet?

Not here, if fact, never heard of such, I would like to know. My best guess is something like a paid ad in google where they would " auto suggest. " and place the ad. Over all, for now seems like a black hat strategy.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Re: Anyone Interacted with them yet?

Could do something with Mechanical Turk and the like where they pay people to search the keyword and then search the business's name.

freerunr

Forum Member
That's what I was thinking, Joshua.

And Joy, that's what I was looking for! You know how clients like to see things in writing :)

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group