Are there templates/themes available for a website like this?

Ampere

I currently have a website for my local electrician service with good content, but it is on old GoDaddy servers and very slow.

I would like to move my content to a new website, something on a better host and also I would like the website to be faster to load and very mobile friendly.

I have some experience with website building, but mostly coding, not WordPress or other CMS's.

I am wondering if it is feasible for me to be able to put together a website like this: Electric City

That is just a random electrician's website, but I think it looks great. I would like one similar to that. Is this something that I can make by using a template/theme and plugging my content into it?

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
That site does not seem to be using any detectable theme.

You would have to rebuild the look on your own, or find a theme that looks similar.

Ampere

To be honest, I find it garish and ugly.
Too many people are afraid of being impolite so they aren’t honest about how they really feel. As a brutally honest person, I definitely appreciate your response.

Would that website make you look for another contractor? Do you happen to know of a website that you would be more likely to call the contractor?

djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
If I were asked, I would strongly recommend that they tone everything down. Landing on that page, everything just blares at you - huge images, huge fonts, glaring colors.

I probably would look for another contracter if only because it looks like a "hard sell" organization - a used car salesman or "gotta close this sale tonight because the prices go up tomorrow" - the only thing missing is annoying popups.

Look for something more professional looking and more subtle.

You can do a lot these days with a simple WordPress site, or Wix and similar do it yourself page builders.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group