More threads by EmilyHernandez

Reaction score
Struggling to figure out where to start with this one. New situation for me...
Existing location on Google Maps with zero relation to dental client. Client is leasing the existing space and keeping same phone number as the previous tenant. The current location is available to take ownership. Name: will be different Address: same Phone: same
Is it better to take over ownership of the current listing and make all the needed changes? Or start over with a clean GBP for the dental client? TIA for any guidance.

Hi Emily, based on the details provided you most likely want to create a new GBP. If your dental client was taking over the book of business my suggestions would be to claim and keep the old one. But if there is no relationship to the new business I would start fresh.

Hi Emily, based on the details provided you most likely want to create a new GBP. If your dental client was taking over the book of business my suggestions would be to claim and keep the old one. But if there is no relationship to the new business I would start fresh.

Thank you for the guidance!

Still make sure the old one is marked as closed. You definitely don't want to run into some filtering trouble because of such an oversight.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom