More threads by Sebastians_dad

Reaction score
15 months ago my Google listing got a soft suspension and I made the wrong changes and got a hard ban. (I believe I was part of Google ramped-up culling in September 2021 I read about)
My profile disappeared and all its reviews and I thought it was gone for good and a monster blow to my company. Like the videos say I was dead in the water, not on Google search. I licked my wounds and started a new listing on my new account because I thought all was lost.
This month I've gone deep into SEO and Google Maps with the help of Luc Durand and Sterling Skys clear approach. I realized that this suspended listing is still in my old account and I found it!!! I'm not sure if angry or happy hahaha.

So here's the issue if I unsuspend my old account I will have 2 listings and be in violation of Google policies and both could get suspended I believe. But I just want to merge the two. The last thing I want to do is shoot myself in the foot.

Any suggestions on the order process? I just want my old reviews back and a merge would be a dream for the combined reviews.

Thank you Sterling Sky for the invite. The Google forums provided no help. Thank you for reading my first post :)

you won't be in violation as such. Google doesn't suspend accounts over duplicates, it just marks them as dupes when it detect them. Google's record for detecting them is hit-and-miss though.

What I do not know is whether the existence of a new GBP could interfere with restoring the old one, as I have never have to deal with such a situation. You risk nothing trying to do it. The worse that can happen is they refuse to restore the suspended GBP.

you won't be in violation as such. Google doesn't suspend accounts over duplicates, it just marks them as dupes when it detect them. Google's record for detecting them is hit-and-miss though.

What I do not know is whether the existence of a new GBP could interfere with restoring the old one, as I have never have to deal with such a situation. You risk nothing trying to do it. The worse that can happen is they refuse to restore the suspended GBP.

nice. thanks. I have also thought of a workaround that might help. Use a different address for the old listing making it look like 2 locations and being easier to merge that way.

nice. thanks. I have also thought of a workaround that might help. Use a different address for the old listing making it look like 2 locations and being easier to merge that way.

Actually,it's going to be a lot harder to merge two GBPs with visible, different addresses. If the addresses are hidden, you can manage by just making the service areas are identical, even if the original verified adresses are different.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom