GMB Company Name Recognition

Oliver Keates

Hi

Is Google intelligent enough to recognise for example that John Smith Dentist Ltd and John Smith Dentist Limited are the same company? If some citations use Ltd and other citations use Limited will GMB mark you down as i know the NAP has to be consistant?

thanks

Colan Nielsen

Administrator

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Hi

Is Google intelligent enough to recognise for example that John Smith Dentist Ltd and John Smith Dentist Limited are the same company? If some citations use Ltd and other citations use Limited will GMB mark you down as i know the NAP has to be consistant?

thanks
I'm not sure anyone knows the answer to that question for sure, unless something has been proven that I missed.

The general theory at the moment is that yes, Google can pick up that difference.

However, I would still correct your citations everywhere, no matter what. And the few that are left that have the difference, well, you can't fix them anyway. So there you are :) and your competitors won't be able to fix their differences either on those sites. So you'll be on a level playing field no matter what.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group