More threads by Testingitout

Testingitout

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a plumbing company that has a brick in mortar address but the location is not a desirable one to use in GMB since there are various other plumbing companies in the same location. Would it be a good idea to use their home address and hide it and just show them as a service area business? Also, if the home address is used, what NAP should be used in the websites and so on since it would be hidden would it matter to have the brick and mortar address on the website and the home address hidden in GMB?

Last edited:
If the other plumbers are not within 200 feet it should be ok, if they have signage and. it is not a virtual office.

Otherwise yea, go with home and hide.

If the other plumbers are not within 200 feet it should be ok, if they have signage and. it is not a virtual office.

Otherwise yea, go with home and hide.

They are within 200 feet. I could also move the marker, but how far can I move it to show up? Now if I do hide the home address, should I remove the brick and mortar office all together from the website to not create confusion? What would make me more visible? A physical address that is getting filtered or a home address that is hidden?

The marker for the brick and mortar is appearing grey and the competitors is red.

If you think the competitors near your store front are too strong (older, larger, more established, bigger budget, etc). I'd go with the hidden home address. If your store front is not actually a place people typically visit, go ahead and remove it from your website.

But before changing your address to home, make sure you have all your paperwork lined up. DBA/LLC, insurance, license, utility bills, etc, should have your business name and home address on them. When you make the change there's a good chance you'll get suspended and you'll need to submit those documents to recover your profile.

And you'll probably need to reverify your address, so be prepared to take a video of your home office. Check out Whitespark's helpful how-to video:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom