Google Maps Allows Users to Report Spammy Users

borislav123

That is a really good news. I saw a lot of Local Guides, making fake edits or copy /pasting texts from Wikipedia into listings just to make points.

Now we can take action.

This came in very helpful today! Fingers crossed that flagging the review from within the dashboard + flagging the spammy user account = a winning combination.

Marc Charette

Not all spammy users can be reported from what I can see. I'm dealing with a case that has defamation written all over it (now in the hands of lawyers) and the users can't be tagged.

Seeing in the above post that it's working for someone less than 100kms away from me makes me think that the limitations of this new 'feature' is not driven by geographical boundaries.

That is unless maybe the person doing the reporting has to be in a market area where the feature works?

Caroline

That is such good news :)as I just complained on Twitter to GMB about this. One spammy "local expert" was giving 3 to 4 one star reviews randomly every day which affected a client of mine.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert