Google My Business "Get a Quote" Button

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Several weeks ago I saw a "get a quote" button on mobile on the Knowledge Panel for Sterling Sky. It's connected to the GMB messaging feature. Now I'm seeing it on desktop searches too and the button is huge. I'm not seeing it for many clients yet which makes me wonder if it's category specific. Can you post examples of business types you're seeing this on?

Oh my gosh - that's a BIG BUTTON! To see the quote button you need to be logged into your google account, because the get a quote feature using the GMB app and the Google Maps app as the platforms for the communication exchange. Right? This makes me think they might also enable messaging for logged in users via desktop too - so look out for that! What do you reckon?

Brodie Clark

Just checked a handful of listings and not seeing this appearing in the land down under. I guess this is GMB doing another push to get people using the Messaging feature? Seems like being available solely on Mobile (hidden behind tabs) was a bit of a flop.

raellovepie

I see a "Get a Quote" for my client. They're in Canada and are in the Party Equipment Rental Service industry.

Seeing them in Maps as well - with a white oval fill with blue borders instead of this blue in desktop.

djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
I see it on both mobile and desktop. I just checked my own listing (SAB) and there's one for that too, although it's connected to my Gmail account rather than my business email.

(Incidentally, while I was there, I noticed a couple of bits of information they were requesting that weren't there when I set it up... a reminder to check your own listings periodically to see what has been added since you last checked!)

See it on mobile & desktop - Internet Marketing Services - with Messaging only active on 1 listing. Also didn't see 'em until after I enabled "Web & app activity"...while submitting a change request to social profiles in KP.

WAHamilton

I've only seen this on desktop so far -- for a landscaper and an HVAC/air conditioning contractor, both in Ontario.

Both times it was shown to me by the same person and I was not able to reproduce it on my own computer until I checked again today (when I saw your thread). I was shown the first example about a month ago, the second one a few weeks later, so they've been testing it for a while it seems.

DavidVeldt

Has anyone seen this for any doctors or lawyers? Curious what the CTA text would be for them - if it shows at all - especially considering they already have an appointment URL option.

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
This is interesting: I see that button on my own company listing when I'm logged into Chrome in a non-incognito window as myself. However, I do not see it when I'm logged into an incognito window with any other gmail account. My company's primary GMB category is Internet Marketing Service.

Odd, huh?

jrobbins

Hello All. After reading through the back-and-forth involving this new messaging feature, "request a quote", it seems there is no real architecture in place for this quite yet and it is merely in the "test" stages for specific industries...Am I correct? A "bank" customer asked that I look into it and it seems that it does not necessarily apply.....

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group