More threads by NevenaIvanova

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

I spotted a widespread issue for all hotel businesses concerning the Popular Amenities section displayed on Google Maps listings.

When a hotel has an indoor pool, and not an outdoor pool, one of the published Popular amenity on the Google Maps listing on Mobile is "Outdoor Pool".

Sharing screenshot of the business' GBP Attributes dashboard to confirm that only Indoor Pool is activated. This issue is not present on Google Travel, only on Google Maps. Are u seeing the same for your locations?

GBP View.PNG

Mobile View.jpg

Solution
Hi Nevena,

Nice catch! Unfortunately, I can`t find any hotels that we manage that only has an indoor pool. I'm still checking though, if I find any I will let you know.

I have checked those that have an outdoor and indoor pools, and like you said, there is no issue with them.

Google Maps · Mobile

IMG_3127.jpg

Chrome · Desktop · K.P.
Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 11.16.36.jpg

(an amenities icon for indoor and outdoor pool combined, not seen in Google Hotels)

This is unrelated, but I have just noticed that in the place sheet in Google Hotels, there is a dropdown option that I have not seen before...

Screenshot_2023-08-03_at_11_43_42.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 11.42.44.jpg

It has a clickable link to the hotel's website with the info about the swimming pools. It is not showing for...
A big bug like this is something that should be posted on the Google GBP forums so that someone can hopefully escalate it.

Hi Nevena,

Nice catch! Unfortunately, I can`t find any hotels that we manage that only has an indoor pool. I'm still checking though, if I find any I will let you know.

I have checked those that have an outdoor and indoor pools, and like you said, there is no issue with them.

Google Maps · Mobile

IMG_3127.jpg

Chrome · Desktop · K.P.
Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 11.16.36.jpg

(an amenities icon for indoor and outdoor pool combined, not seen in Google Hotels)

This is unrelated, but I have just noticed that in the place sheet in Google Hotels, there is a dropdown option that I have not seen before...

Screenshot_2023-08-03_at_11_43_42.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 11.42.44.jpg

It has a clickable link to the hotel's website with the info about the swimming pools. It is not showing for any other amenities. Also, it is not showing on hotels that only have outdoor pools...

Also probably unrelated, but we have had issues with the amenities pool icon not displaying correctly in the past (October 2022). It was extremely complicated to get it resolved, Support was not very helpful.

Screenshot_2022-10-10_at_15_03_09.jpg

I hope it can get it solved soon, if I find any examples I'll send them to you.

Solution
Hi Lluc,

Thank so much for digging into the issue on our end.

I am currently escalating it by all means to Google, and hopefully the engineers will be able to rectify it, to avoid confusing potential customers.

As for the dropdown option you mentioned, this is something I've previously noticed for the breakfast amenity as well.

Breakfast-amenity.jpg

Hi Nevena,

Hope they don't take too long.

Thanks for sharing, I had not seen any dropdowns before, I'll keep an eye out.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom