More threads by Beris

Beris

Reaction score
Howdy. This has to do with schema URL placement and content.
I'm working with a restaurant with two locations in the same city; they share a website. I was hoping to get some feedback on our strategy.

We did a local biz (Restaurant) schema for each location, placed on their individual location pages.
We also did a local biz schema with just one location for the home page.

The question: Would you add BOTH locations on the home page or just the one? (Both addresses and hours show on the homepage footer)

Hi @Beris In this case I would add both to the homepage. Because they are in the same city, and it's a restaurant, it would make sense to Google and the potential customer to see both locations.

This could be done by marking up a head Organization representing the business as a whole that has two subOrganization entities that are of type Restaurant.

Also mark up the Restaurant on their own pages with a reference back to the main organization via parentOrganization.

And a key thing. Give each of the three entities their own id, and re-use it whenever you mark up that entity. i.e. The id for Restaurant A will be used on the home page entity for that restaurant and the restaurants own page. A good id structure would be:

Only mark up details such as the menu, hours etc on the main page for an entity. The other references only need to include basics, e.g. id, type, url, name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's just late in the day and I'm not thinking straight, but within Wordpress, what is the easiest way to add the schema to the homepage only?

Thanks. That works fine. As a follow up. This site as three locations, all with their own location page. I'm thinking that in addition to having location specific schema on the the location pages, the schema for the primary location, using the root domain should be added to the home page. Thoughts?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom