More threads by Mitesh

Mitesh

Reaction score
Today I post product on google my business and I saw there is a new option for a select category which product you should publish in which category.

Did anyone notice that?

GMB-Category.png

Hi,

Initially, I wrote that I couldn't recreate what you're seeing on my end, but I was just able to. It seems, at least for me, GMB listings that were created quite some time ago do not have this option. However, GMB listings we've made recently do. Most likely it's a beta rollout or similar, which hopefully will become an option for all GMB listings. However, many listings are still waiting for Products (beta), well now Shop (beta), to rollout to them, so it could take awhile for each account to see it.

Nice find!

Hey Mitesh,

This was mostly a UI update on the products beta side which I have seen rolled out on some accounts. But not much has changed on the technical side.

You can create a new "category" directly within the posts portion (which it looks like that is where you are from your screenshot). If you already have the products beta set up, that drop down will give you options to select where the product post would fall under and it will add that product to the product beta.

Additional Note: With this update, they also removed product category descriptions:

1574774296228.png

To add on to all this, we logged in this morning and found that every single one of our past product posts for our clients have been removed and "converted" into a product on the Products (Beta) section.

We do product posts for our floral clients quite often, and now all of these are gone from our post history and are instead slotted in on Products (Beta) under a "From Product Posts" category. Here is an example of one of our clients that this has happened to: Link. There is an "Arrangements" category that we started doing last month as a test when this first started rolling out and then the "From Product Posts" category which is where Google shoved everything else into.

I do like the Products (Beta) category conceptually but the fact Google is forcefully moving posted content (product posts) there without any trace of them being left in the Post history is a little frustrating.

None of my product posts have been moved into the Products (Beta), however as of yesterday I am no longer able to edit those posts. I can only "Delete" or "View post on Search."

I also still have the option to create a Product Post for these clients.

None of my product posts have been moved into the Products (Beta), however as of yesterday I am no longer able to edit those posts. I can only "Delete" or "View post on Search."

I also still have the option to create a Product Post for these clients.

Yes Kevin You are right. I also have seen today i can only "Delete" or "View post on Search" on product post.

I also still have the option to create a product post but when i post the product they automatically moved into the Product (Beta).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom