More threads by nn30

nn30

Reaction score
I've heard many conflicting takes on this topic but have not found anything authoritative. Googling it isn't particularly helpful, either...

Thank you in advance for the help 🙏

Solution
When making a GBP you need to enter an address and verify it.

If you're a service area business and hide your address, google will internally use that hidden address to rank you in the local pack. So if you search "roofing contractor near me" and the person searching it is within the radius of your businesses hidden address it should rank the same as if the address was showing.

The key here is your "verified address". That's what google will use. Service areas are not a ranking factor at all, just for visuals on the GBP page.
When making a GBP you need to enter an address and verify it.

If you're a service area business and hide your address, google will internally use that hidden address to rank you in the local pack. So if you search "roofing contractor near me" and the person searching it is within the radius of your businesses hidden address it should rank the same as if the address was showing.

The key here is your "verified address". That's what google will use. Service areas are not a ranking factor at all, just for visuals on the GBP page.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom