More threads by i_love_google_maps

i_love_google_maps

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that after applying for chain verification that Google accepts most of our locations but doesn't allow some other ones (maybe even suspending them?) OR do they just do a blanket pass or fail for all locations?

Solution
From my understanding, Google will evaluate the locations within the location group that you are submitting for chain verification and either "pass" or "fail" each location. There is always a risk of suspension when Google takes a close look at a listing, but as long as you are following guidelines and everything is legit I wouldn't be concerned about suspension. What is likely to happen if Google does not think a location is legit is they will ask for additional proof which you should be prepared to provide.

@krystaltaing may have more insights - she's a chain verification expert :)

Thanks for the tag Elizabeth! Both of these scenarios are possible. Once your account is bulk verified, Google will review each new and...
From my understanding, Google will evaluate the locations within the location group that you are submitting for chain verification and either "pass" or "fail" each location. There is always a risk of suspension when Google takes a close look at a listing, but as long as you are following guidelines and everything is legit I wouldn't be concerned about suspension. What is likely to happen if Google does not think a location is legit is they will ask for additional proof which you should be prepared to provide.

Thanks for the tag Elizabeth! Both of these scenarios are possible. Once your account is bulk verified, Google will review each new and changed location individually for bulk verification compliance. Additionally, google will sporadically review the entire account's eligibility. I will say the latter is much more rare.

Solution
Cool! Thanks so much!

I just wanted to confirm that after being bulk verified, it sounds like we can just bulk create new locations and they will automatically be approved. Is that true?

I saw an article that you wrote @krystaltaing and it seemed like you alluded to that being the case. "Additionally, all new qualifying locations you add to your account will also be verified (bypassing postcard, email, and/or phone call verification methods)."

It also looks like from this screenshot (attached below) that Google seems to maybe confirm the same thing. And then like you said they will just do an account level review from time to time?

In your experience does it always take 8-12 weeks for chain verification to go through?

Screenshot_20240126-180350.jpg

That is the general idea of bulk verification yes, you won't need to do the typical verification methods for future locations once verified. I can't speak to how long it can typically take to become chain verified but 8 to 12 weeks seems like a long time so I would email them and ask for an update.

I assume you can, but they may not be included in the bulk verification if it is ongoing. I think it's best to wait until after verification to add them, or add them into a separate location group.

I have seen bulk take a few weeks up to a few months. It's really about ensuring all data is accurate and in compliance from the beginning.

I would highly advise to not make any changes to the account while bulk verification is in progress. If you need to create and manually verify a location in the meantime, i'd do it in another account or group and transfer ownership once bulk verification is complete!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom