More threads by JoyHawkins

1585586727818.png

This makes me happy, for our Deli locations. Mobile only. Now hoping for same/similar with Delivery for grocery locations. baby steps....

Reactions: Den
1- they did not update their help section
2- this advice is primarily targeted at restaurants/grocery stores so if I were in a high risk category I wouldn’t think about it
3- Google’s view and yours should answer the question: is it in the best of the consuming public.
4- so if a grocery store or restaurant is currently offering curbside pick that clearly qualifies
5- if it were me I would not worry about suspensions (google has been lax on name spam in most categories) and if it is in the best interest of your consumer just do it.
Received this email from Google today re: one grocery location where I tested adding "Delivery Available" to the business name two weeks ago. I removed "Delivery Available" from the business name yesterday afternoon during maintenance as it did not seem to do me a bit of good. Attached is a copy of the message.

Delivery-GoogleResponse.jpg

24 hours and status remains "Pending Edits" after adding "Delivery Available" to one grocery location business name. I had intended to apply to all delivery locations but took a test and see approach.
Two weeks later I received the attached message from Google indicating that adding "Delivery Available" to grocery business name is in conflict with Google Quality Guidelines. Way too much confusion during COVID-19.

Delivery-GoogleResponse.jpg

I can't say I'm surprised. Although they apparently allowed it for one chain, I can see how most Google employees would say it's a violation of the guidelines (because it is).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom