More threads by luischavez0104

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,
is there best practice for when a client has 30 or so counties and we can only fit 20 of them on the GBP? I'm torn between adding the counties with more population or that they prioritize or if I should try to add the counties that are the perimeter of the service area they serve. They don't service a whole state and there's no geographic regions or anything I can add to condense these counties.
Thanks!

Solution
Google's guidelines say that you should only set your service area 2 hours away from your location. Also, the service area field does NOT impact rankings at all - so it really only affects what people see on maps as the outline of your service area. So just play around with adding counties so it looks like you want it to on maps and search.
Google's guidelines say that you should only set your service area 2 hours away from your location. Also, the service area field does NOT impact rankings at all - so it really only affects what people see on maps as the outline of your service area. So just play around with adding counties so it looks like you want it to on maps and search.

Solution

Ok, thank you!

Since it's mostly a visual effect, you could just add the outer ones? In other words draw only the "corners" of he service area and list however many counties inside (the most populous/relevant) that you can still fit after that.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom