More threads by vivekrpatel

Reaction score
My client business phone number and address are the same. The Firm operates out of the same office and just has 2 divisions within it (Lemon Law + Personal Injury).

We have GBP for lemon law which has been running for the last 5 years.

I would avoid it. We've found that even aside from the validation difficulties and risk of suspension/merge, reviews tend to flow overwhelmingly to the better-established profile, which makes getting ranks and leads from the newer profile a challenge.

You probably will not be ranking as well for whichever option is not used as a main category (because of the spring 2023 update which reduced the weighting of secondary categories), but in my opinion it's probably a better bet than a second vertical.

A typical situation we used tp encounter with the two GBPs optimized separately was the main GBP in top-10 and the secondary not even top-20. If you actively try to target both verticals and have a regular stream of reviews... well I'd still not bet the house on reaching top-3 for both, but you might get a pretty good position nonetheless. Also our cases were in health, and I've noticed that this separation is often less strong in law.

You probably will not be ranking as well for whichever option is not used as a main category (because of the spring 2023 update which reduced the weighting of secondary categories), but in my opinion it's probably a better bet than a second vertical.

A typical situation we used tp encounter with the two GBPs optimized separately was the main GBP in top-10 and the secondary not even top-20. If you actively try to target both verticals and have a regular stream of reviews... well I'd still not bet the house on reaching top-3 for both, but you might get a pretty good position nonetheless. Also our cases were in health, and I've noticed that this separation is often less strong in law.
You're right about how main and secondary categories affect rankings, especially after the spring 2023 update. It might be hard to get into the top 3 for both, but if we work on both and get lots of good reviews, we can still do well. It's interesting that in the legal field, this separation isn't as strong. We should look into it more.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom