More threads by dwrdvns

dwrdvns

Reaction score
Hello LSF,

I've run into a wall with Google support, and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice.

A white label partner approached our agency recently because one of their client's GBPs had been suspended. The listing had been removed from Google Maps and from the GBP locations dashboard. I contacted Google support and submitted a reinstatement request.

After a couple of days, Google support got back to me and told me that the listing had been removed due to suspicious user activity on the account (this isn't the first time this has happened with this W/L client). I was instructed to remove the suspicious user from the account and request reinstatement after it had been done. This created a problem because the location has been removed from our dashboard and can no longer be found on Google Maps.

Upon informing Google about this issue, I received the attached response instructing me to submit a new support request. I did so, but soon received an automated email telling me to use the original support request for this issue. I tried to follow up with the original email thread, but received no response.

Has anyone experienced this type of situation before? I'd really appreciate some advice on what to do next. I've been trying to reach Google support, but have been stonewalled.

Thanks!

unnamed.png

When did you reply to the original request? Responses could be delayed due to all the holidays. I'd reply again and ask if you can get an update. Support is correct that you cannot submit a new request.

Is the email you are using to talk to Google the one you just removed? That might be a problem. Are there any other users still on the account that you could cc that could take over communication on the request since they are still authorized?

When did you reply to the original request? Responses could be delayed due to all the holidays. I'd reply again and ask if you can get an update. Support is correct that you cannot submit a new request.

Is the email you are using to talk to Google the one you just removed? That might be a problem. Are there any other users still on the account that you could cc that could take over communication on the request since they are still authorized?
I received the initial email on the 19th. We traded a few emails that day, but I haven't heard anything since. I've sent them 4 emails trying to follow up.

I haven't removed any users from the GBP because it's disappeared from our dashboard. The email we're using to manage the GBP also manages their other locations and is only used for GBP management, so I don't believe that was the user causing the problem.

Okay if your other listings are fine, it's really unlikely you are the problem. Can you have the business owner add you back to the listing? Support isn't likely to reply to you at all if you aren't added on there.

Okay if your other listings are fine, it's really unlikely you are the problem. Can you have the business owner add you back to the listing? Support isn't likely to reply to you at all if you aren't added on there.
It looks like the listing has just been completely removed, and I don't think any of the previous users have access either. The account I'm using was the primary owner of the GBP before it was suspended.

That's really bizarre. In that case, I would post over at the Google Business Profile community and hopefully someone over there can escalate it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom