More threads by Jeremy Booze

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues claiming or adding their free listing to YP?

Last few times I've tried doing this I upload my client information and the submission landing just reloads.

My submission is then followed up with sales calls from Thryv.com to my clients. This is very frustrating.

They say the free listing will be published in 48 hours but it never happens.

Is it not possible to get free listings anymore without advertising through Thryv.com.

This is the URL in reference Free Scan: see how you look online. Verify the accuracy of your listings. every time I complete the form the page just reloads and then we are fed sales calls.

@Jeremy Web Flux Marketing, yes and no.

No, in the sense that YP's "suggest an edit" feature works pretty well to edit listings. My helper mostly uses that, and I've had a few occasions to use it recently, and YP often accepts the edits. To add a new listing, you might try the "suggest a business" link at the bottom of YP's search results.

Yes, in the sense that when I phone-verified an incorrect duplicate I found (for my business), I couldn't make edits, and was told that I'd get a phone call.

No doubt the caller will be a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Thryv.com marketing expert.

I messed with this a lot back in December. But I don't know if it has changed since then.

@Jeremy Web Flux Marketing - Were you signed in to a Yellowpages.com account when you did this? If so, perhaps try going to https://adsolutions.yp.com/login and sign in with the same account... then click on Profile in the top menu. If the information actually took, I THINK it would show there.

My situation might not have been exactly the same, but I was trying to claim listings for my clients with a personalized login so they could respond to reviews.

In a few of my instances, the listing did show up, but I was having trouble claiming them for my clients. I would login with a YP.com account I created for them and go through the steps of claiming the free listing (including the phone verification to the client's business), but then the listing would not appear under their account.

I ended up calling YP.com and a very helpful agent told me sometimes the process doesn't work because of a 'glitch in the system'. Since I had already created a login, I was able to give her the listing info and the email of the account I created and she linked the two together. She resolved this instance for a few clients.

There seem to be a million phone numbers between Thryv, YP.com, DexMedia, etc... but the one that worked for the Yellowpages free listing alone was customer care at 800-872-7380.

So funny thing, I just had to add. Since I messed around with the free listing page this weekend (using my own information) I received a phone call first thing this morning. I asked some questions and was told
1) All new listings are verified by a phone call. The phone call verifies the information is correct, and if necessary, helps the user log in to the account.
2) They've always done this (??) but their system has improved, so maybe they are more efficient at it now then they used to be.

The gentleman I spoke with was pleasant and didn't try to sell me anything.

Is anyone else having issues claiming or adding their free listing to YP?

Last few times I've tried doing this I upload my client information and the submission landing just reloads.

My submission is then followed up with sales calls from Thryv.com to my clients. This is very frustrating.

They say the free listing will be published in 48 hours but it never happens.

Is it not possible to get free listings anymore without advertising through Thryv.com.

This is the URL in reference Free Scan: see how you look online. Verify the accuracy of your listings. every time I complete the form the page just reloads and then we are fed sales calls.

YP is fraught with issues. Probably more than any other local business website. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and once they fix the bug that didn't work another comes along.

Last week I had the same issue you had, refresh of the business listing add process. It's a new bug.

Call into customer service and tell them you're working with a free listing, you had a trouble adding, and that you would like them to add it manually. Don't let them tell you it will show up on its own. It won't, as you have found. Have them add the listing, then add you as a manager to the account (already have an Ad Solutions account signed up) and then once it pops in your dashboard, it will be good to go. The listing won't be live yet but it will be by the next day or should be.

Post back here if you have any issues.

Phone customer service is really great so I would try that first. Internet Explorer is better than Safari in general with this site - thats what one of the reps told me.

I too have had trouble recently, even with user suggested claims. They say yes online, when claiming, that it will post in 48 hours. And 48 hours later it is not there. Make sure you are following up with them via phone. The Claim Business feature keeps glitching.

Phone customer service is really great so I would try that first. Internet Explorer is better than Safari in general with this site - thats what one of the reps told me.

I too have had trouble recently, even with user suggested claims. They say yes online, when claiming, that it will post in 48 hours. And 48 hours later it is not there. Make sure you are following up with them via phone. The Claim Business feature keeps glitching.

They've told me about IE too but it shouldn't cause the issues they say it does.

If you find that it does, I'd love to hear about it!

I messed with this a lot back in December. But I don't know if it has changed since then.

@Jeremy Web Flux Marketing - Were you signed in to a Yellowpages.com account when you did this? If so, perhaps try going to https://adsolutions.yp.com/login and sign in with the same account... then click on Profile in the top menu. If the information actually took, I THINK it would show there.

My situation might not have been exactly the same, but I was trying to claim listings for my clients with a personalized login so they could respond to reviews.

In a few of my instances, the listing did show up, but I was having trouble claiming them for my clients. I would login with a YP.com account I created for them and go through the steps of claiming the free listing (including the phone verification to the client's business), but then the listing would not appear under their account.

I ended up calling YP.com and a very helpful agent told me sometimes the process doesn't work because of a 'glitch in the system'. Since I had already created a login, I was able to give her the listing info and the email of the account I created and she linked the two together. She resolved this instance for a few clients.

There seem to be a million phone numbers between Thryv, YP.com, DexMedia, etc... but the one that worked for the Yellowpages free listing alone was customer care at 800-872-7380.

Yes, I've heard that you may have to have an account created first then login and try to register. I've had that experience in the past. In this case, it did not work. Seems to be a new bug every time I need to register a business.

At this point, I feel that tryve.com has their claws in the game to deep and it is completely impossible to add a listing unless subscribing to tryve.com services. I've tried too many times now and they say it will go live in 48 hours and nothing happens. I believe I will try Phil Rozek suggestions and make a business listing suggestion. suggest a business" link

@Jeremy Web Flux Marketing, yes and no.

No, in the sense that YP's "suggest an edit" feature works pretty well to edit listings. My helper mostly uses that, and I've had a few occasions to use it recently, and YP often accepts the edits. To add a new listing, you might try the "suggest a business" link at the bottom of YP's search results.

Yes, in the sense that when I phone-verified an incorrect duplicate I found (for my business), I couldn't make edits, and was told that I'd get a phone call.

No doubt the caller will be a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Thryv.com marketing expert.

Suggesting a business sounds like my best option so far. Nothing else seems to work... unless of course I subscribe to tryve or one of the other over prices listing management services like yext. Thanks for the suggestion.

So funny thing, I just had to add. Since I messed around with the free listing page this weekend (using my own information) I received a phone call first thing this morning. I asked some questions and was told
1) All new listings are verified by a phone call. The phone call verifies the information is correct, and if necessary, helps the user log in to the account.
2) They've always done this (??) but their system has improved, so maybe they are more efficient at it now then they used to be.

The gentleman I spoke with was pleasant and didn't try to sell me anything.
Hummm. ok. My client recieved a call from a thryv.com rep. and the listing was never published. As I said... I"ll try the suggestion form and see if that works.

Yes, please let us know what you find out... It's been a while since I've had to manually update YP myself, so I don't have experience with Thryv.com. I really hope it doesn't end up like Sensis in Australia. That really tied our hands with updating YP directories over there, even when the clients were paying for an account. Support wouldn't speak to anyone but folks who had written permission from the account owner, so it was a pain.

I've been able to add 1-2 listing in the last few weeks so I think we're good. I am using the call support method though. I think he's trying that method now. But I am curious to see what reps tell him vs what they tell me haha.

So I had success after using the phone support option. I first went to Contact Us entered my ZipCode and then called the given phone support line.

I spoke with a rep and they gathered my information. I will say though that if you have a long URL I recommend requesting that the agent provide an option to email them the link. I clearly spelled my information out and the URL still was published incorrectly.

To that end... somehow my client now has two listings.... one with several errors and another which I have under my dashboard with the correct details. So I'm not sure why there are now two listings...lol.... maybe its a cache issue. IDK

Regardless... going the phone route seems to be best as my listing was published right away.

So I had success after using the phone support option. I first went to Contact Us entered my ZipCode and then called the given phone support line.

I spoke with a rep and they gathered my information. I will say though that if you have a long URL I recommend requesting that the agent provide an option to email them the link. I clearly spelled my information out and the URL still was published incorrectly.

To that end... somehow my client now has two listings.... one with several errors and another which I have under my dashboard with the correct details. So I'm not sure why there are now two listings...lol.... maybe its a cache issue. IDK

Regardless... going the phone route seems to be best as my listing was published right away.

Yeah, if they add the listing just know you'll have to go into ad solutions (providing you also claim it while on the phone, as you always should) and change it later.

On the dupe, just call back in and ask them to "supress" the dupe. That's their code for removing duplicates. They should have no problem and it should be deleted in 24 hours or less.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom