More threads by mikepetersonwi

Reaction score
I have a client that added a second phone number. He would like it to be the Primary number. I've updated the phone number on the website, facebook, etc. I also added it as a secondary number on their GBP. This was all don a week or more ago. Now I would like to designate the new number as the primary, but there is no option to do so. No "edit" no "make primary", no anything. Any suggestions on how to do make the secondary number the primary?

Thanks in advance.

I have a client that added a second phone number. He would like it to be the Primary number. I've updated the phone number on the website, facebook, etc. I also added it as a secondary number on their GBP. This was all don a week or more ago. Now I would like to designate the new number as the primary, but there is no option to do so. No "edit" no "make primary", no anything. Any suggestions on how to do make the secondary number the primary?

Thanks in advance.

Can you key-in the second phone over the primary, and key-in the primary number over the secondary? or the fields are input inhibited?

yeah, it's same as the categories: you cannot just change the order of things, you have to manually edit the numbers.

This is probably the phone lock bug: phone/text validation sometimes makes it impossible to change the phone number yourself. It's proven more frustrating to deal with as GBP support degrades by the day, but we got one fixed recently so it's still possible.

You'll have to get support on the case, make sure to have a) documentation that this is the correct phone number and b) screenshots showing that the edit is being rejected. In the past they made you revalidate by postcard, but I'm not sure if they still do that. Our recent case took two weeks of back and forths and eventually they just fixed it.

Try accessing your account settings and locating the 'Contact Info' section. If there's no option to edit or make the new number primary, it might require contacting Facebook support for assistance. Regarding your online presence, for a strong profile and excellent services, I recommend checking out ExiScale. They come highly recommended.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom