More threads by SEO

SEO

Reaction score
Any thoughts on how to remove this local SAB duplicate GBP (that has not been marked "duplicate")?

The first listing is the client's country location. It's fine.

The second listing is his new city location with a different phone number and website page. It seems fine. It has been verified but as you can see in the screenshot, it still says "pending edits". I'm not sure what that's about.

The third listing (which we claimed and verified) was probably initiated by accident by someone in his office but we're not sure. We want to remove listing 3 or merge it with the second listing.

Listing 2 and 3 have the same address (SABs).

Should I edit listing 3 to closely match listing 2 before I ask Google to merge them?

GBP question.jpg

Solution
Since he controls it, he could free it and immediately make suggestions ("doesn't exist" or "Spam") since unverified profiles are fairly easy to kill.

He could try to get it merged to one of his other profiles, but unless he makes 100% sure the verification addresses are identical, the resulting profile may end up at an undesired address or worse, trigger the SAB address change bug.
Since he controls it, he could free it and immediately make suggestions ("doesn't exist" or "Spam") since unverified profiles are fairly easy to kill.

He could try to get it merged to one of his other profiles, but unless he makes 100% sure the verification addresses are identical, the resulting profile may end up at an undesired address or worse, trigger the SAB address change bug.

Reactions: SEO
Solution

Thank you for your response. Could you expand on:
he could free it and immediately make suggestions ("doesn't exist" or "Spam") since unverified profiles are fairly easy to kill.
All three of these listings are marked "verified". We do control them all.

The first listing is several miles outside the major city. It's fine but, of course, doesn't rank in the city where all his business prospects are. We plan to leave this location as is.

The second listing, with a different address from the first, is in the major city as a SAB. It also seems fine except for the "pending edits" under status. However, your link to SAB address change bug has a wealth of informative suggestions that hopefully include a fix to this "pending edits" bug. I will study your bug fix suggestions and apply them appropriately. BTW, thank you for that link. It's great stuff!

The third listing just popped up out of nowhere. I want to remove it without affecting the second listing, which we feel will bring the most leads. This third SAB listing has an address that is almost identical to the second listing. The only difference is that the second listing has a unit #, while the third does not. The third listing initially displayed an address that had a pin on the map. After I verified this rogue listing as ours I removed the address and changed it to a SAB.

Thank you for your response. Could you expand on:
he could free it and immediately make suggestions ("doesn't exist" or "Spam") since unverified profiles are fairly easy to kill.
All three of these listings are marked "verified". We do control them all.

When you select the option "remove all users and content" on a profile, it puts it back in Google Maps as an unverified profile. Profiles that are not verified are usually very easy to kill via suggestions.

Reactions: SEO

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom