More threads by Aartvark Graphics

Reaction score
I have been trying to verify Gatica Gutters for a month now. First I was told that the business area I designated was too large, and couldn't be more than 2 hours drive. It WASN'T, but I changed to naming specific counties. Now Google wants a video of the business location, and I've clearly pointed out that the business address is a personal residence, and the business is "Service Only" and has no location to no avail. It's a gutter service, and I travel to clients homes to install rain gutters. This is beyond infuriating.

Solution
@Aartvark Graphics Any update on this? Google Business verification videos can be incredibly frustrating when doing it for SABs. Here's some more tips on Google Business video verification - even if the business is in your home:
  1. Start outside the home, show the street number on the home or mailbox, quickly spin around to give Google an exact idea of where you're at. It's even better if you have a branded van/truck in front of the building.
  2. Show yourself unlocking the front door (or other doors like a home office door).
  3. Walk directly to your home office. Make sure this part is prepped ahead of time... show:
    1. Computer that's logged into your accounting software, website, other online services you use that not...
Hi @Aartvark Graphics. Just like a storefront business, Google requires that Service Area Businesses verify that the address being provided is a legitimate place of business. In the past, there was rampant abuse by businesses creating fake GBPs to get better visibility than their competition. Video verification has helped to reduce this abuse. It is totally acceptable to create a GBP with a personal residence, but there has to be some legitimate proof that the residence is associated with the business.

Is the address the same address being used for business licensing, receiving invoices from suppliers/vendors? Does the owner of the business have a home office in the residence where they order supplies and pay bills related to the business? Are equipment and supplies, such as guttering materials, stored at the residence? All of these things will assist you when making the verification video to prove to Google that the residence is truly associated with the business. Here is a link to a great article that explains the video verification process for storefront and SAB GBPs and provides guidance on what to include in your video, such as the things mentioned above: Google Business Profile Video Verification Best Practices

I am a company that represents Gatica Gutters. I am not at their residence, nor do I have access to their records, etc... What I do have is that I, as Aartvark Graphics, have over 30 verified client business, all legitimate. I am also a Level 7 Google Guide. It's a shame that credibility doesn't come into play here. I was originally rejected for the service area being too large (when it was not), and when I changed those parameters, they switched to this. I had the same problem with The Motor Notary when I could not convince them that it was a local service business, and not "online only" (because "MOTOR notary" sounds so "Online Only". I've never had the problems verifying businesses like I have recently, and the problem is not my methods. They have not changed. It's gotten ridiculous.

Hi @Aartvark Graphics. Just like a storefront business, Google requires that Service Area Businesses verify that the address being provided is a legitimate place of business. In the past, there was rampant abuse by businesses creating fake GBPs to get better visibility than their competition. Video verification has helped to reduce this abuse. It is totally acceptable to create a GBP with a personal residence, but there has to be some legitimate proof that the residence is associated with the business.

Is the address the same address being used for business licensing, receiving invoices from suppliers/vendors? Does the owner of the business have a home office in the residence where they order supplies and pay bills related to the business? Are equipment and supplies, such as guttering materials, stored at the residence? All of these things will assist you when making the verification video to prove to Google that the residence is truly associated with the business. Here is a link to a great article that explains the video verification process for storefront and SAB GBPs and provides guidance on what to include in your video, such as the things mentioned above: Google Business Profile Video Verification Best Practices

I have sent them several videos of the equipment and the address in one shot, and they are still not verifying this business.

I have sent them several videos of the equipment and the address in one shot, and they are still not verifying this business.

Address and equipment are only part of the requirements.

@JeffClevelandTN sent a link with a full list of requirements for both storefront and SAB GBPs.

The video is not shared publicly, so the business owner doesn't need to worry about the public seeing the information shared.

A flow I have seen that is simple for SAB listing verifications:

- start the video pointing at a vehicle in the driveway of the house with a logo on the outside, show unlocking the vehicle and the equipment inside

- show the address, show the door being unlocked

- walk to the office/desk/work area, show a close-up of business cards and a close-up of the business license

The purpose is to show that the business exists and that the person trying to verify the business is directly connected to it.

Your video only shows that the business exists.

@Aartvark Graphics Any update on this? Google Business verification videos can be incredibly frustrating when doing it for SABs. Here's some more tips on Google Business video verification - even if the business is in your home:
  1. Start outside the home, show the street number on the home or mailbox, quickly spin around to give Google an exact idea of where you're at. It's even better if you have a branded van/truck in front of the building.
  2. Show yourself unlocking the front door (or other doors like a home office door).
  3. Walk directly to your home office. Make sure this part is prepped ahead of time... show:
    1. Computer that's logged into your accounting software, website, other online services you use that not anyone at the company would have access to.
    2. Licenses, certifications, diplomas (ex. that are on the wall or simply laid out on your desk).
    3. Business documents. Remember, this GBP verification video isn't published on the live GBP.
    4. Any other kind of equipment that you have that proves not only that you're a legitimate business, but that you're an owner or manager of the business.
    5. Products you have stocked up for sale.
    6. Marketing material.
Before you start, check out these other resources about GBP verification videos:

If it's still not being approved, check out the tips on this forum post about what to do when your Google Business video verification is not working.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom