More threads by llipsky

llipsky

Reaction score
I was wondering about Google’s definition of a hybrid business the other day within Google Business Profile:

I was wondering if I qualified to be able to label my business as a hybrid business, or if I'd have to stick with the ‘address only’ option in GBP.

For context: my business currently does online consultation appointments (to people within the same state) as well as in-person appointments at a physical locations.

We feel like we deliver our service online to our customers who are in the same state/area (not simply nationally), but we also have a physical storefront. Would this be enough to qualify us in GBP as a hybrid business and use the state/surrounding geos as our ‘service area’?

Or since we don’t directly/physically deliver any goods, we cannot?

Thanks,
Liam

You must provide products or services face to face at the customer location to be considered hybrid.
But why do you want to add service areas?

@Professor M
We want to add service areas so customers can better understand that they don't have to come in to our physical location in order to get service. And since our locations only operate within state lines, we want to ensure they understand that we only service people within their specific state lines.

You must provide products or services face to face at the customer location to be considered hybrid.
But why do you want to add service areas?
We want to add service areas so customers can better understand that they don't have to come in to our physical location in order to get service. And since our locations only operate within state lines, we want to ensure they understand that we only service people within their specific state lines.

But service areas are only for those businesses that go to the customer's location (plumbers, take outs, etc).

Service areas should be no further than a 2 hour drive from your location, so for most states it's not within the guidelines to add the state to the service area.

Also, it will not help your profile ranking in other locations away from your local area.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom