More threads by keyserholiday

keyserholiday

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
So a business owner was asking why their FB page is not ranking. Here is the search term: The Joint Chiropractic Dearborn Heights. The FB page is for a different location. So the agency googled The Joint Chiropractic Dearborn Heights Facebook. The same FB page shows up for the other location; the second result is the business.Facebook URL. This location is in Georgia and not Michigan. When I google the business name and address, I get this URL. Any guesses?

Solution
No idea why the business.facebook url is ranking, that is annoying...

Okay, so when I google "The Joint Chiropractic Dearborn Heights Facebook", I get the Allen Park, MI location's page followed by this page: The Joint Chiropractic -this page doesn't have a location listed, but the phone number area code is Phoenix. It is interesting that a profile with no address is ranking above the profile that is actually in the searched location, with the searched location in the name and URL, but I'm guessing it is their main brand profile... (and by interesting I mean infuriating)

Is this the page they're hoping to see? The Joint Chiropractic

My guess (and take this with a grain of salt because Facebook...) is that there are so...
No idea why the business.facebook url is ranking, that is annoying...

Okay, so when I google "The Joint Chiropractic Dearborn Heights Facebook", I get the Allen Park, MI location's page followed by this page: The Joint Chiropractic -this page doesn't have a location listed, but the phone number area code is Phoenix. It is interesting that a profile with no address is ranking above the profile that is actually in the searched location, with the searched location in the name and URL, but I'm guessing it is their main brand profile... (and by interesting I mean infuriating)

Is this the page they're hoping to see? The Joint Chiropractic

My guess (and take this with a grain of salt because Facebook...) is that there are so many pages for this brand that Google is listing the most active and oldest pages first because they're all posting identical content. If all 850+ locations have pages that are posting identical content, Google is likely not sifting through all of them and is just ranking the first page near Dearborn Heights that is active.

If the location has admin rights to the page, posting some unique, location-specific content with images (and no links!!) should help both Facebook AND Google serve the page higher for location-specific searches. Bonus points if they add their location to some of the posts to further drive the point home. Getting some more reviews and check-ins will help too. If it's a newer location, this may be a grind, because they're climbing uphill against 850-ish other pages.

Solution
Thank you, @ErinJones I will pass this information along. Do you find it interesting that the second URL is business.facebook page and in a different state?

Yes, but I found it less weird after I discovered hundreds of location profiles all with the same content being posted. There's just not enough there to float it to the top. The address and phone number should do that, but if the other location nearby is older and has had more activity, it makes sense.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom