Thread: Hubspot

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hubspot

Lately I've been coming across more stuff about HubSpot.

I really don't know much about their platform- but do any professionals/agencies use this?

Their website sucks when it comes to researching their service. I don't want to read sales pitches.

But I'm always looking for better methods for automation and reporting.

I know that software doesn't do SEO... so I'm not looking for that
    Chris Ratchford
    Prodentite
    Dental SEO & Websites

2. Local Marketing Summit banner in thread
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hubspot

I think I just answered my own question... I have a potential client who uses HubSpot and after some digging around I see that they target newbies and business owners, not SEO pros.
    Chris Ratchford
    Prodentite
    Dental SEO & Websites

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of Hubspot, but I've found, in nearly every case, that any software that tries to do too much generally doesn't do anything all that well. Plus, none of their sales materials, including a one-on-one sales pitch/webinar have convinced me I would actually get a lot of use out of it.

I've been thinking about using some combination of Kissmetrics, Infusionsoft and integrating that with another CRM or something.

Would love to hear if anyone else uses something like that.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The company I work for is an SEO reseller in the US, and we have our own custom dashboard for rankings/reporting. We do SEO, PPC, Email, Social, etc... I think the dashboard is easy to use and work with, so if you're interested you can check out our site in my signature. If you do happen to take a look at it, let me know what you think and how it compares to other reporting/CRM systems. PM if you want to find out more, and I can help, but I'm not a sales guy and I don't want to annoy anyone with overly promoting the company.
    My rarely updated website (I should fix that) - https://www.ericrohrback.com
    Follow me on Twitter
    Want to talk? Book time with me here

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been considering going to Hubspot. For what it charges, it really isn't half bad. It'll allow me to consolidate some other services AND it'll allow proper email list segmentation when somebody signs up (like infusionsoft does), and has a lot of reporting and analysis available to see what is working and what isn't working.

Has anybody on the forum signed up?

I am a bit put off by the mandatory $2,000 training on the Professional plan though...

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to bump this thread and see if there are any new and updated thoughts on Hubspot. I had a client ask me about it. . . .

my uneducated view of it is that it seems like a lot of stuff for a typical local business. . . for some of my larger clients, I'd consider it a "maybe".

The weird thing is: I'm not sure what my role as their internet marketing firm would become if they chose it (I'm always a bit paranoid). It seems like if they are using Hubspot, the need to buy SEO from me goes away.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could be wrong, but Hubspot is more of a tool to drive online success but can't actually execute. Just because you have data & the tool doesn't mean you necessarily have the understanding how to use it - that's where you would come in to the equation. You would define the strategy and execute while using the 3rd party tool to scale.
    Follow me on Twitter

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I purchased HubSpot last year. I spend 3 months doing research and deciding that it was a good option. Overall the backend is really nice and it provides a ton of data.

I'm not renewing my contract. You need 20+ hours a week dedicated to it in order to make a great ROI. I'm a small agency and I thought that I could get the time in and make it work. I was wrong.

If you are considering the product, and have specific questions, I would be happy to answer. But if you are looking to do this and not have someone dedicated to it full-time then your money is best spent elsewhere.
    Lets Connect: Google+ | Twitter
    My Company: RicketyRoo Inc

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blake,

That's awesome feedback. Our team has been considering using HubSpot but were thinking of going with SharpSpring instead. We wanted a great CRM that has lots of automation (following up with leads, seeing status of leads, reporting etc). In your experience was there a better option that does all of this?
    Joy Hawkins
    Owner of Sterling Sky
    Author of The Expert's Guide to Local SEO [, a 260+ page training manual that is updated monthly and contains advanced tips and tactics for Local SEO that actually work and drive results.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you need to allocate 20+ hours per week? I don't know too much about Hubspot besides the general information they put out, so what kind of manual work is there for the platform? I kind of assumed the work was more frontloaded in the beginning during the setup phase, and then slowly went away as you got the automation in place. Sounds like that's not the case?
    Follow me on Twitter