More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
GMBupdates.jpg

Google My Business Updates & New Features

As everyone in the industry knows Google My Business has so many updates and new features it can be really difficult to keep up with.

Google launched a helpful new page that announces & tracks all the new GMB features by date.
Liz our GMB Community Manager let us know yesterday, so I wanted to share.

<a href="https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/News-Updates/New-Google-My-Business-Features/td-p/513497">New Google My Business Features - The Google Advertiser Community</a>

Have you ever wondered where to find the latest updates about Google My Business? Not sure where to look for updates between the Community, Help Center, and various blogs out there? Search no longer! Our team has put together a brand new page to share the latest updates from the Google My Business team. We are excited to have this resource available to you, and look forward to announcing all of our wonderful upcoming product features.

<a href="https://support.google.com/business/answer/6262887">New Google My Business features - Google My Business Help</a>

This is helpful for a couple reasons. 1) Keep up with new updates. 2) I'd REALLY review all the ones that are listed. There are a lot of features mentioned that you may have missed. 3) You are blogging or communicating about a certain feature and want to mention how long ago that feature was added. 4) Someone else blogs about or ask about a feature and thinks it's brand new, but you know it's been around for awhile. You can show them the date it actually launched.

I think this is a great move toward better communication and more transparency.

Enjoy!

PSS Skim the updates that are listed and tell us how many you were not even aware of. There are lots of subtle changes that were not widely publicized - so you might learn something new. :)

PSS This forum section: Google Local IMPORTANT is another way to keep up.

We cover not only the updates, but guideline changes, bugs, problems, how to handle or take advantage of new features as well as alerting you to features that are removed.

Click the link to see all the important info you may have missed.

Be sure to subscribe to the RSS feed for the Google Local IMPORTANT forum. Only I can start a thread in this section and I guarantee I don't add anything here unless it's something critical for you to know.

GMBupdates.jpg

Very nice to see this resource added! Thanks for sharing Linda.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom