More threads by SSMMatt

SSMMatt

Reaction score
Maybe I'm scarred from recent suspensions, but this line is troubling me. "a merchant must take steps to fix the issue before they can access their Google Business Profile...If a merchant’s account is restricted, all Business Profiles associated with that account will be suspended."

Does "all Business Profiles associated with that account will be suspended" mean that if one of the businesses I manage is suspended, the other profiles will be suspended? Or is does it mean all of the managers and owners will be suspended on that one profile?

Solution
No, it means if the user account with several business profiles connected to it has issues, it will cause all the GBPs in question to be also suspended, and they will remain suspended as long as at least one user account with access has issues. Other users will not be suspended.

This was always the case, btw. It was just not actually stated anywhere before!

In fact we had that happen to a client recently. Their user account was suspended, causing the GBPs to be suspended in turn. Our own account with access to these GBPs was unaffected. We only managed to restore the GBPs once we removed his account's access from them.
No, it means if the user account with several business profiles connected to it has issues, it will cause all the GBPs in question to be also suspended, and they will remain suspended as long as at least one user account with access has issues. Other users will not be suspended.

This was always the case, btw. It was just not actually stated anywhere before!

In fact we had that happen to a client recently. Their user account was suspended, causing the GBPs to be suspended in turn. Our own account with access to these GBPs was unaffected. We only managed to restore the GBPs once we removed his account's access from them.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom