More threads by officialryguy1

Reaction score
So Hotel amenities are now missing. Last week I was asked by my client to remove some amenities that were showing live. When I went in the backend, things like 'swimming pool' and 'paid parking' were marked as not available, but still showing live. I submitted a GMB support request, and came back today, a week later, to push another request or see if I could toggle the settings (turn it off, then turn it back on, so to speak) only to find out hotel amenities are no longer available.

Below is a screenshot of one profile, but in checking access to the other 13 hotels I manage, it seems like these settings are just gone...

Anyone see things differently? Hopefully this is just a test!

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 9.13.43 AM.png

Is this just a glitch or for real? I don't see the option within GMB, just in the KP...

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 10.26.55 AM.png

Interesting. We just tried to reproduce this and can't. Some time ago our Google support told us this was unlikely to be added for hotels. But who knows, maybe you're seeing a test?

Did I miss it or is this attributes interface and greater detail a new feature for hotels?

Perhaps if it's new that's what's been causing some of the wonky updates for hotels the last few days. It's pulled in previous details but there are lot's more details available now.

attributes.PNG

Yext let us know this was coming a few months back and we have been working with them on the back end to update all of our properties with these new attributes.

This is first I have seen it in any sort of interface! Guessing you are one of the first to participate in what could be a test or early release.

I'm seeing it too. Unfortunately it is a glitch. If you try to add a post on that listing, you'll get the message "Sorry, posts are currently not available for your business listing."
Got half excited myself for a sec...

To recap all the changes thusfar to hotels this week:

1. Google My Business deleted a bunch of categories. This was intended. They're not coming back.
  2. Attributes go missing (bug - should be fixed soon if not already)
  3. Some users can't add the hotel category (bug - should be fixed soon)
  4. Posts randomly show up as an option but you still can't post (bug)
  5. New attributes layout & options are showing up in the Google My Business dashboard.

Just to add to this

These changes are rolling out globally as I am see them across my client base in regards @JoyHawkins list
  1. Google My Business deleted a bunch of categories. This was intended. They're not coming back. ( Yes seeing this )
  2. Attributes go missing (bug - should be fixed soon if not already) (Have been seeing this for 48 hours)
  3. Some users can't add the hotel category (bug - should be fixed soon) - (Seen this for a couple of locations)
  4. Posts randomly show up as an option but you still can't post (bug) ( Seeing this globally)
  5. New attributes layout & options are showing up in the Google My Business dashboard. (currently not seeing this for any of my clients yet but sure it will appear shortly) @mattheffner
Additional things I am seeing
- When trying to download insights data from the dashboard no matter what date range is selected you are only given a weeks data , however the numbers pulled through the API remain correct and give whatever date range was requested
- Store codes keep disappearing on the overview screen of the dashboard over the last few days but when clicking into view a single location the store code re appears

Last edited:
@Chaddow - yep lots of users seeing those last 2. They're not specific to hotels though (just to clarify).

Now see the full set of new hotel amenities that were mentioned at the start of this thread

A few things I have noted while trying to compile this new list to send out to clients :-

1. Why is Russian not an available language in the service section?
  2. What do people think Social Hour is referring to? do we think it similar to happy hour
  3. When google refer to "Wading pool" I assume they mean kids pool​
I am currently seeing a total of 157 amenities/radial button for hotels today at the top level compared to 30 last week 😅

Last edited:
Now see the full set of new hotel amenities that were mentioned at the start of this thread

A few things I have noted while trying to compile this new list to send out to clients :-

1. Why is Russian not an available language in the service section?
  2. What do people think Social Hour is referring to? do we think it similar to happy hour
  3. When google refer to "Wading pool" I assume they mean kids pool​
I am currently seeing a total of 157 amenities/radial button for hotels today at the top level compared to 30 last week 😅

Not sure about Russian not being available that seems strange. Maybe just a slow rollout starting with English speaking perhaps?

I assumed it meant happy hour as well. And took wading pool to mean kids shallow pool as well.

I do think there will be many more options for us to capture niche attribute driven searches now. Pet friendly, family friendly, specific amenities, etc... can stand out now.

It's just another step in Google taking over the travel accommodations space a little bit more.

I believe it will be followed by Google allowing more independent brands to enter Google Hotel Ads and they can cut out OTAs a bit more. At least I hope so.

Plus this makes Google reviews for hotels increase in importance... taking from TripAdvisor's review importance a little bit more.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom