More threads by Yaswanth

Yaswanth

Reaction score
The location is in Toronto but the service area is automatically translated to Ukrainian. Why did it happen? And does it affect ranking?

CleanShot 2023-12-24 at 21.41.15@2x.jpg

I've seen this before when the listing was set up by someone using a different language. I contacted Google support about it was told that there was no way to fix this. Only way would be to close the current listing and start a new listing. I did not take them up on their offer.
I tried deleting all services, saving, then adding them back in but that did not work as they were re-translated after saving. I decided to leave it as is as it does not have any effect on the visibility.

I've seen this before when the listing was set up by someone using a different language. I contacted Google support about it was told that there was no way to fix this. Only way would be to close the current listing and start a new listing. I did not take them up on their offer.
I tried deleting all services, saving, then adding them back in but that did not work as they were re-translated after saving. I decided to leave it as is as it does not have any effect on the visibility.

Okay, Thank you for the information. If it is not affecting the visibility then I don't need to worry.

Exactly as @Yan Gilbert wrote. If the client created the profile, he probably created it in another language - his Google account. It is not possible to change it, only create a new profile.

When the language of the interface differs from the official language in the country, the name can be transliterated
In order to update the name in another language, you need to switch the map interface through the menu. and it is desirable to write names and data in the profile in different languages, if they are used in the region
Знімок екрана 2024-01-03 130431.jpg

This is more about displaying maps in different languages

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom